Vol. 3 Chapter 9.5 Mission

It was around 10.00 p.m.

The moon rose over the tree. My classmates stopped interesting me and turned their sight to Inogashira who sang the opera liked Luciano Pavarotti. Yes, that shy Inogashira Kokoro. I didn't sure what I had to surprise between her singing wonderful or the fact that she completely sounded like Luciano Pavarotti.

Horikita went to sleep since 9.30 p.m. So I was sitting alone. Sakura could get along with Mii-chan well more than I thought. There was no reason to steal her from that Chinese loli.

I sighed and looked around. At that moment, I saw someone was sitting behind the tree.

I raised my eyebrows with curiosity. I checked everyone around the campfire. Except for Koenji who was buried somewhere and Horikita who was in her tents, everyone was there.

So who was that person?

I stood up and walked to that tree. When I came close, I heard something like groaning.

"Ah. Those kids. Enjoy their life. When they grew up, they'll know the loneliness, bill, and work was waiting for them."

I could tell who was she although I didn't see her face.

"Chabashira-Sensei?"

My teacher was sitting behind the tree, lending her back to the trunk. She glared at me, therefore I could see her red face and wet eyes. There was also the can of beer in her hand.

She was drunk!

"What are you doing here? Why don't you join us?" I asked her.

"Joined them? Ha, no thanks. Do you ever hear that black made the gray blacker? If I joined with you, young kids, I would feel myself older and older." Chabashira-Sensei sighed. "There is only beer, my best friend! They never leave me or make me feel sad!"

"If you don't stop drinking it, liver cirrhosis will be your new best friend too. " I warned her.

Chabashira-Sensei shook her finger.

"Enjoying the short wonderful life is better than suffering from the long boring life, kids." She shrugged. "But if you want me to live long, you should do my mission."

I sighed.

"Excuse me, Sensei. Where will I find you the man on this inhabitant island? There are only students, teachers. Oh, there are also those class E culprits. Do you consider them?"

The teacher looked at me with scared eyes. "Don't dare to joke with me, Ayanokouji. Don't forget who is holding your fate."

How can I forget? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last day of the semester. After we finished the close ceremony, Chabashira-Sensei told me to meet her at the guidance room. 

I wondered what she wanted to talk about with me, and started to be scared that my summertime wouldn't be easy like that. 

Although it was my first summer that I would be free.

When I went into the guidance room. Chabashira-Sensei was waiting for me at the table. She gave me a cold glance like always.

"The guidance room is the perfect place for secret talking, don't you think so?" She asked me.

"I don't know, Sensei. I'm not the person who used to secret talking though." I tried to act like normal. But the truth was I smelt something dangerous from her.