Vol. 6 Chapter 3 Rule

We had a meeting at Pallette. I, Horikita, Sudo, Hirata, Kushida, and Karuizawa. I didn't know what happened while I was sleeping. But now, Sudo was like Horikita's bodyguard. He stuck with Horikita and she seemed to be not bothered at all.

I stopped asking why I should be there. Horikita still believed that I was the hiding genius and ignore my truthful word like "It's just a coincidence".

After a long meeting. We got some conclusions.

First, the pair-up couldn't be random. It might have some rules about it and we had to find that rule. Horikita believed that the rule might relate to next week's quiz. Since Chabashira-Sensei told us that this test happened every year. We might ask it from the upperclassman.

Second, we decided to attack class D. We needed to destroy them until they couldn't fight us back. And if we didn't choose class D, we had to choose class A instead. And everyone knew that class A was filled with genius. Our test would be made by Hirata, Horikita, Yukimura, and Mii-chan.

"Finally!! Yousuke-Kun! Let's go to the game center!" Karuizawa said with the high pitch voice, clinging to Hirata's arm. She turned her glance at me and stopped doing it immediately.

Say, I felt a little bit weird. In many bunches of gifts I got, there was no note or gift from Nakano K. as always. And in this meeting, Karuizawa didn't interact with me at all.

"Sorry. Karuizawa-San. I have something to talk about with Horikita and Ayanokouji-Kun. You can go first."

Although pouting, Karuizawa nodded and walked out of Palette cafe. Horikita seemed to know Hirata's purpose. She told Sudo to go out. He did it without resistance.

"I want to know more about Kushida-San. " Hirata went straight to the topic.

"Ok. But I want you to keep it secret. Kushida is trusted by our classmates. She is our core now. While we're facing this special test. The last thing we want is to break our harmony"

Hirata nodded as a promise. Therefore, Horikita started telling.

"When I was in the mid-schooler, one of the class in my grade---their students suddenly stopped to go to school. It's completely destroyed. On the graduation day, every class had the last photograph after the ceremony. But that class---everyone just went back home and didn't even talk to each other"

It was easy to guess that the class lost their trust in each other.

"Rumor has it, Kushida Kikyo is the destroyer of her class. But how she did it. I don't know" Horikita said. "But I'm very sure this is the reason that she wants to expel me. She wants to keep her secret."

"It's just because she wants to keep her secret, she can even expel someone?" Hirata asked with curiosity.

"To makes them have a good role in society. Someone can do anything for it." I mumbled.

Hirata and Horikita turned their head to me. "Hm?"

"Kushida said this to me in the first month". I said. "Maybe this is the best explanation."

Each person appraised everything differently.

For someone like me, Freedom is priceless and everything is worth reaching it. How everyone looked at me was no problem.

But for someone, this could cause everything in her life.

...

I head back to the dorm after that. Today, I felt like wherever I went, everyone would look at me. Maybe it was an effect because of my fame from the sports festival.