Vol. 5 Chapter 2 Arrangement

Sakayanagi Arisu was the example that Chabashira-Sensei used to offer me the option when I asked her about my situation.

Sakayanagi had heart disease, causing her legs and hip to deform. So she couldn't join the sports festival. 

After discussion with the school. They decided that Sakayanagi would be fined in all competitions that she needed to join. Of course, this meant she would be the student with the lowest scores and would lose ten points in this midterm exam. According to Kushida, Sakayanagi might not be in trouble. She was one of the best students in class A.

"The school considered the disability as the body limitation. Someone run fast, someone run slow. Someone, like Sakayanagi, can't run. " Chabashira-Sensei said. 

In my case, there was a little different. 

It wasn't a permanent disability. The medical certificate that Hazama-Sensei gave me said I would walk again in 1-2 months. There was a chance that I would walk before the sports festival. In that case, I had a chance to win the competition too. So everything would be decided on the sports festival day. If I still couldn't walk, I would become the last place automatically.

But that was about the competitions which everyone had to join. But for the competitions that we needed the competitor representative, I couldn't join it at all.

Technically, I could join if my classmates put my name in. Of course, they wouldn't do it. I was known as an athletic guy since I broke the swimming world record. But they wouldn't risk with someone who had a chance of being unable to walk in the real day. We were permitted to change the representative on the sports day. Unless we would pay 100,000 points for finding someone to replace the competitors who couldn't join the competition.

However, I didn't mind it. I wasn't good at sport in the first place. I was tired to say it is a coincidence.

Honami called to me that night. She apologized for not visiting me in the nursing room. After meeting with class C in the second homeroom period, she needed to discuss with her classmate about a sports festival.

She also gave me a piece of information about classes A and D. Katsuragi seemed to not trust Ryuen at all. But the leader of class D didn't care. He looked very arrogant for someone who fell from third place.

From Honami's perspective, it looked like "...He has a plan to win."

"I'm waiting to work together with you though, Ayanokouji-Kun!"

Next day. Hirata asked everyone to stay after school to talk about the sports festival.

This test was different from the early ones. If we didn't want to play dirty, our only option to win was to win the competition.

Our argument started as soon as the meeting started.

First, about the representative competitions. we would choose the competitor from their ability. Of course, we would let everyone test to show their ability in concrete.

The forced competitions were different. 

It seemed to be easy. Just do their best job. But Horikita pointed out our strategy.

Imagine that we were playing Slaves Card.

You needed to know what time you had to play a big card or wait until those times come. If you play all of the high cards since your first round. In the late game, you will be out of your weapon.

From this thought, Horikita suggested that we should put the strong one with the weak opponent. This would make us have more opportunities to win.