Vol. 5 Chapter 7 Excacitraitrecogzinator

"Good Luck. Doc. " I padded Doc's shoulder after I finished 200m race, the last competition in this morning. So this was the last chance for him too.

Doc smiled awkwardly. He was in the same group as Onizuka. So I could say he wasn't hopeless at all.

I walked back to the tent. After this, it would be a lunch break. I decided to rest for a while. I heard from somewhere that instantly eating after exercise can be dangerous.

"Hey. Kiyotaka. It seems to be trouble."

Someone referred me with my first name. I was surprised by the fact that it was Karuizawa.

"What do you mean? And why are you calling me with my first name?"

Karuizawa shrugged her shoulder. "Well. I start calling Yousuke-Kun with his first name. So I think I should start calling you too."

It didn't make sense, did it?

"However. We lost Horikita and Sudo at the same time! Do you know what happened?"

I considered it for a while. Hirata said that he didn't want our classmates to know about that letter. But Karuizawa wasn't a tell-all girl.

"Sudo got the letter from class D. It said Horikita is going to the hospital?"

"Hospital!? Her injured's serious that much?" Karuizawa exclaimed. We had the nursing room and clinique in this school. But it was for the normal ill or injury. If we needed to go outside, it might be serious.

If we needed to go.

"No. Horikita is fine. I call her and can confirm that she's in the nursing room. Hazama-Sensei is taking care of her."

"Eh!? What's about that letter!?"

"It's a trick for sure. Sudo's too impatient. " I shook my head. "But I can't call him. He left the phone in his bag."

"Moe! This's bad!"  Karuizawa moaned. "At least, Horikita-San will come back, won't she?"

"If Hazama-Sensei let her go. He's a very great doctor though. I'm sure he will cure Horikita soon."

Karuizawa sighed with relief.

"Phew. Pathetic Horikita-San. It's a hard time for her. Since the racing, it looks like she's been malicious."

"She is been malicious. " I insisted.

"Really?"

"Hirata told me and I think so. " I was sure it was Kushida. Inogashira confirmed it. But I decided to not tell anyone. 

Not only Horikita. Our every step was known by our enemy. Sudo or Onodera met only a weak opponent. While Yukimura, Ike, or Doc met the strength athlete. 

"Can't you do something to help her?" Karuizawa asked.

"I'm not a mastermind. I just..."

"You're just a lucky guy. I know. But can't you use your luck to do something?"

I licked my lips and thought about it.

"I can do something. "

"Right? What will you do?"

"Let's help the janitor clean the trash. " I stood up.

"What?"

"Doing good is the best way to increase Poonya. And Poonya will increase your luck. This is the best we can do now."

Karuizawa looked at me unbelievably. But suddenly, she turned to the yard and opened her eyes wide.

"Oh! Look! It's Sotomura-Kun's turn."