Vol. 5 Chapter 5 Ryuen's plan

Pole toppling was the next competition. This competition was for the boys only. For the girls, they would compete in Tamaire.

The rule was simple. The team which could topple 2 poles first would win.

Hirata stood before the alliance between class B and C, checking for the last time.

"Please remember. For the first round, class C would attack and class B would protect the pole. Then, we will swap. any question?...No, Yamauchi-Kun, you can't use your bat. And no, you can't use the arrow, Miyake-Kun. Alright, everyone. Let's fight!"

We roared with exhilaration and walked to our pole. We looked at our opponents to estimate their force. Class A wasn't our problem. Except for Kito who Onodera warned that he was good at fighting. Katsuragi was weaker than I was expected. Ryuji won him perfectly in a 100m race.

However, class D was different. Ryuen had an atmosphere of the fighter. Ishizaki, Kondo,  and Komiya had fought with Sudo once. Ishizaki was ruffian when he was in the mid-school. Kondo and Komiya were in the basketball club. They also had Albert Yamada, who was half Japanese, half African-American. So he was bigger and stronger than the average Japanese.

At least, our army was filled by the sportsmen like Sudo, Shibata, or Ryuji. We didn't disadvantage that much.

"Hm? Ayanokouji. You join the team too. " Ike asked when he saw me.

"Yeah. If I won't join, I will lose the scores."

"But...it's dangerous though. If you got injured."

"I'm impressed by your worrying. But I will find. I won't be that unlucky. " I told him. 

Yes. I had never been unlucky.

The game started. Class C ran to the battlefield. I thought the opponent use the same strategy. They send class D to attack our pole while class A was protecting theirs.

"Charge!!!!" Hirata yelled. Yamauchi blew the horn that he took into the battlefield for some reason.

We ran into each other. Sudo did his job very well. He broke through class A's battlefront into their back. No one could stop him.

Katsuragi, Kito, and Yahiko flung to Sudo. They needed to use all of their power to stop him. Sudo didn't show any expression on his face. And it made him scarier.

Sudo's unit was stopped. But it demanded half of class A's force. Hirata took advantage.

"Miyake-Kun attacks the left! Ike-Kun attacks the right!" He commanded before turning to Doc. "Sotomura-Kun! How is our pole?"

"Our ally still protect it, sir! Yamada-Dono was fighting with Shibata-Dono and Kanzaki-Dono. I don't think they will hold it for a long time."

Doc reported.

"Um. So we need to hurry up. Everyone! Charge!!!!"

"Yes, sir!" We screamed.

The strongest student in class A was fighting with Sudo. They couldn't retreat to protect their pole because if they did, Sudo would pass them and reached the pole anyway.

Akito and Ike reached the pole. They were surprised because there was only a man named Satonaka.

We all knew him. He was the most handsome boy in year 1, according to the poll.

He looked weaker than I thought and he wrapped his face by the gauze, causing him to look like the mummy.

"Finally. It's time to crush the Riajuu! I heard that he changed the girl every week!" Ike grinned.