Vol. 4.5 Story No. 5 Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and the mystery of the pool (Prelude)

Since this summer, I wasted the phrases "Hot as Hell" many times. I wouldn't say that today was hot as hell. But I couldn't find any phrase or sentence that was more accurate to the weather today.

I heard the cicada singing. I found that it made me calmer. At least, someone was happy with this hot day.

If I made an appointment at Keyaki mall, maybe the thing would be easy. But today, Ike treated Yamauchi for consoling him. I didn't want them to know what I was planning.

This place was a little park behind the dormitory. It had a water vending machine, so the students usually used this place for resting. But on this summer day, it was too hot for any activity. Therefore, it was the perfect place for a hidden meeting.

"Sorry for letting you wait. " 

After waiting for a while, the one whom I called appeared.

Karuizawa Kei sat down beside me and mumbled. "Hot..."

"Here. " I gave the can of juice to Karuizawa.

"Moe, It's not cold anymore. " Despite complaining, she opened the can and started drinking.

I looked at Karuizawa's clothes. She wore the normal jean and shirt but it looked pretty good.

"Sorry for calling you on a busy day."

"Don't worry. I have nothing to do anyway. " Karuizawa said. "Or I have to say---I have no point to spend anyway."

"You should learn to save your point, Karuizawa. " 

"I know I should, but I need to spend it."

She sighed.

"You know? The confident girl is the biggest sister of all, and the confident girl means she should have no fear to buy something although she had no money in her pocket."

I didn't understand their norms at all. 

And because of that, I didn't know how I should dispute her.

"But I had made a decision!" Karuizawa said. "From now on, I will save the money! I will convince my friend to do too!"

I nodded. "That's good. The personal points are as important as class points."

Karuizawa shrugged her shoulder.

I recognized something so I asked her; "Say, Karuizawa. About Sakura-San---"

"I had apologized to her. " She answered her suddenly.

"Eh?"

"Why are you that surprised?" Karuizawa raised her eyebrows. "As you said, I don't need to act like a bully to protect myself from bullying."

She looked to the sky.

"Do you know why I was bullied when I was in mid-schooler?"

She asked with no context. I shook my head.

"I don't know either. But I have some clue after looking at Sakura-San. " She answered her own question and said nothing else.

I guessed that Karuizawa's old class was filled with the bully. The real bully, not the paper tiger like Karuizawa acted toward Sakura. That scar was the evidence. Karuizawa or even Shinohara would never slit someone's stomach. 

But I didn't know what would happen if they kept acting like this. Maybe they would become the real bully. If you kept painting your body, you would forget your original skin's color.

However. The topic today wasn't about bullying.

"So why do you call me out?" Karuizawa asked me.