Vol. 5 Chapter 10 Epilogue

Author's note: This is an epilogue chapter. So it gonna be a little short. I mean, a very very short.

"Why do you call me to come here this late, Sakayanagi-San?"

"I just want to confirm something, Fufu."

"Confirm what?"

"Amikura-San. You told Horikita-San that Ayanokouji-Kun asked you to go to the nursing room, didn't you? Fufu."

"How do you know?"

"Ryuen-Kun isn't the only one whom Kinoshita-San works for. Fufu."

"...So what?"

"Ayanokouji-Kun captured my eyes all day long. So I looked at him all the time, Fufu."

"Oh! I never think that you're in love with Ayanokouji-Kun. Well, if you're worried. I can confirm that he doesn't have a girlfriend yet. I don't know if he is a lolicon though..."

"I will forgive your inattentive rude, Fufu. Maybe I'm in love with him. Maybe I'm not. But it's not a point. Fufu. Since I watched him all day. I know that today, you didn't talk with him at all, Fufu."

"..."

"So it leads to two questions, Fufu. Why did you go to the nursing room? And why did you use Ayanokouji-Kun's name, Fufu?"

"..."

"If you don't answer, I will tell you, Fufu--"

"Why do you giggle every two sentences?"

"It's my signature. Like Ryuen-Kun's Kuku, Fufu. Now, let's come back to our topic. You can figure Horikita-San's unstable emotions and naturally, you want to help her. Fufu. But it's weird to be consoled by a stranger. So you used Ayanokouji-Kun's name that Horikita-San feels more comfortable with, Fufu."

"You're right. Now, can I go back? Ichinose-Chan will treat us with Shabu-Shabu---"

"Pieces, Fufu."

"...What did you say?"

"Do you know that I'm the chairman's daughter? Of course, he never gives me any privilege. But I can figure something out from him, Fufu. Amikura-San. Do you know that this school chooses its students in the first place? The exam and interview are nothing but a foreground, Fufu."

"I..."

"Of course, you know. My dad tells you by himself. Fufu. You're one of them. At first, you rejected his invitation. But when the first student list came out secretly, you change your mind and apply to ANHS immediately. Fufu. I don't know how you know about it. But I'm sure there's a way, Fufu."

"..."

"It's because you see a student's name, right? Someone you need to protect. Fufu. You can hide as a normal high-schooler and throw your past away. But it's against your nature. Fufu. You're built to protect. Fufu. You're a piece."

"How do you know that name?"

"Oh. I know many things, including the White Room. Professor Ayanokouji wants to make the luckiest man in the world. But he thought that that lucky guy need the assistant. The assistant helps him reach the top easier. The lottery that he has to buy. Fufu."

"..."

"Professor started a new project. If Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-Kun is a king. He needs other pieces to protect him until he can win the chess. However, the White Room is more successful than he expects. Ayanokouji-Kun can make everyone around him become his piece. Therefore, this project is canceled. And the members of this project were separated. Fufu...

"Knight, who must protect Ayanokouji-Kun with his physical power or you can say he is Ayanokouji-Kun's bodyguard. Fufu. He is still working with the White Room. But the other three came to this school. Fufu...

"Queen, who were built to protect Ayanokouji-Kun from the dirty of this world, makes sure that he won't be corrupted and if it's necessary. She will take all the sin from his action. In the end, she will become Ayanokouji-Kun's wife. Fufu. She is in this school too, still doing her job...

"Rook, the smartest one of all. He has to use his brain to support Ayanokouji-Kun. He's the most useless one now. I don't know why he comes to this school. But I believe he has a reason...

"And Bishop, the emotional supporter. Professor Ayanokouji finds that she is the main reason that makes his son weaker. Her tenderness makes him a kind guy. While Professor always says..."

"A kind person has the same meaning as a weak person."

"Fufu. You stop pretending, don't you? Bishop has the ability to recognize others' emotional weaknesses and has the instinct to save them. Fufu. This is the reason that you have to save Horikita-San, right? Bishop, Amikura Mako-San."

"...Yes."

"Fufu. I can confirm now."

"And what do you want from me? You will tell Ayanokouji-Kun the truth?"

"Ayanokouji-Kun never knows about Pieces Project's existent and he doesn't need to know, Fufu. I just want you to help me with something. Fufu."

"Is this about..."

"It's not about the classes war. Don't worry. Fufu. It's my personal goal. Fufu. In your group, I'm sure that Knights still works for the White Room. But I'm not sure about the other two, Fufu. You're the only one I'm sure that you're not my enemy. Fufu. I want you to help me find Queen and Rook."

"I don't know their real name. Actually, we weren't raised together."

"It's enough. Fufu. They still have a unique smell. The smell that you're familiar with. Fufu."

"But---why do you want to find them?"

"To make sure that they won't interrupt my fight with Ayanokouji-Kun. Fufu. Oh, you too, Amikura-San. When I fight with Ayanokouji-Kun. You need to not interrupt me, Fufu."

"F--Fight with Ayanokouji-Kun!?"

"I want to beat him and I will beat him, Fufu."

"And you hope me or them to not interrupt? We're made to protect him. We can't let anything bad happen to him."

"I'm not sure about the other two. But I'm sure you will help me, Fufu. Because my purpose to beat him is the same as your main purpose. Fufu."

"My purpose."

"His Freedom, Amikura-San. Fufu. " Sakayanagi Arisu smiled smugly. "I have to win him, so he will be free. Now, it's your time to decide. Will you help me, Fufu?"

Volume 5 ended. 

Volume 6 coming soon.