Vol. 4 Chapter 7 Karuizawa Kei

Recap from the last chapter: Hirata was pretending to be Karuizawa's boyfriend!

.

.

.

Well. I thought the entire fandom knew it already.

"Hirata-Kun! Don't say it out loud!" Karuizawa said. "What if anyone was peeking at us, they would know we are fakely dating!"

"Come on. No one will know we didn't date each other for real."

"Are you sure that no one will know that I ain't your girlfriend?"

"Everyone thinks we are a couple. Although we aren't."

Ok. You didn't need to repeat it in many different ways.

I knew it already.

"Trust me, Karuizawa-San. " Hirata said and smiled. "I will make sure that no one knows that you had to be bullied in your mid-school days. And now, you don't want to face the same situation again, so you ask me to pretend to be your boyfriend. By this, your status in class will be strong and no one can bully you."

Now, you just said all of them out loud. What a plot convenience for me.

"Ok. I believe you, Hirata-Kun. However, I want you to make that Manabe shut up. Make sure she won't spread my true identity!"

I understood something now.

Karuizawa pretended to be a big bully to protect herself. But when she met a real bully like Manabe, she could do nothing but show her true self. Karuizawa showed her weakness when Manabe and friends bullied her in the fire escape.

"I told you I can't do that, Karuizawa-San."

"Do you let someone hurt me? You told me you will protect me, didn't you?"

"I didn't mean by that. I will call Manabe-San to meet me tomorrow, and we will talk peacefully. I will tell them that Karuizawa-San apologized--"

"It won't work!!"

This was the thing that Karuizawa was mostly scared of.

If she apologized, it meant she admitted to being a loser.

It wasn't about ego or anything. It was about being weak.

Lost meant weak.

When you were weak, you would be the one who was prey.

Former prey liked Karuizawa preferred being hunter than being prey again.

"If you deny this way, there is no way else. Sorry, Karuizawa-San. " Hirata said calmly.

Karuizawa's face showed many expressions.

Angry, fearful, sad, stressed.

I couldn't tell what her actually feeling was.

"So enough! If you don't help me! Our relationship is ended today!"

She screamed and ran away, leaving Hirata in the hallway alone.

Hirata Yousuke sat there for a while. He didn't say anything and only looked into the sea.

Finally, after many minutes pass. Hirata stood up and walked toward the stair.

Of course, he met me.

"Ayanokouji-Kun--" He flinched.

"Good evening, Hirata. "

"Did you hear anything?" He asked and looked at my hand, I hid my hand immediately.

"First, I heard the whole conversation between you and Karuizawa. Second, I won't tell anyone about this. So don't force me to grab your breasts. I would like to it though---"