Vol. 5 Chapter 9 Everything is nothing

Without any fear, Sudo sprinted out of the start line as soon as he heard the gun sound. The audience cheered with excitement when he overtook the rest eleven competitors. Even the upperclassmen couldn't reach him. In this group, a man from class 2-A was nearest to Sudo. However, the distance was still 15 meters.

"Wow! Your friend is great, Kiyotaka. " Cho who standing next to me said.

Sudo passed the stick to Hirata who could keep the distance from the rest. The hybrid human who was the pillar of class C did his job very well. But the situation was changed when he sent the stick to Onodera.

Onodera was fast among girls. But other classes' third runners were all men and they were great at sports too. When she reached Maezono, we didn't lead anymore. 

Now, the leader position was being usurped between class 3-A ad 2-A. While class 1-B was close to them. Suddenly, class 3-A's runner tripped and fell to the floor. She could stand up instantly, but not fast enough. Class 2-A was far away from her and class 1-B was just overtook her.

It seemed like fate making the reversal.

"Unfortunate for us, right? Prez. " Nagumo said to Horikita Manabu with a cunning smile on his face. "I think we can use this race to fight each other closely. But I have to take a victory this time."

He looked at his fifth runner who could make more distance from class 3-A.

"About total score. I did a little calculation and said with no doubt that I will win for sure. The new era is going to start."

"Do you think the school will be better with your policy?"

"Of course.  The council is too kind. Making a hundred ways to fire students. But when they are fired, you also give a million ways to save them. In the end, no one is fired at all. I will make a new rule, president. The rule that will estimate students with their true ability!!"

Nagumo announced and took the stick from the fifth runner. It was the same time as Horikita Suzune took the stick from Maezono. She was fast enough to reach class 3-A. I turned back. It looked like I and the president would sprint at the same time. 

"Nice! I will go first, Kiyotaka!" Cho took the stick from his classmate and sprinted out. I felt a bit nervous since I had to fight with the president for third place.

"You're so cunning. Ayanokouji. " The president spoke out.

"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You pretend to get injured in the leg. So I and other competitors will be careless to you. Genius plan. As expected from an interesting guy like you."

"It's just a coincidence. " I mumbled.

The fact was I didn't plan anything.

My legs were just happened recovered at the same time as I walked into the yard.

It was just a pure coincidence.

"Say what you want. It doesn't change the fact."

"I can see you're a real sibling. I'm not a hiding genius or something. I'm just a normal man who was lucky sometimes. " All the time.

"Um. I see. The real genius never claims he is a genius."

"Listen. I'm just lucky. Ok? How about this? You look at me while I running and you will know that I have nothing."

The president left his mouth's corner. "Deal."

He turned back and looked at the competitors running toward us.