Vol. 3 Chapter 12 Case Closed

I was afraid that it would rain since the sky was covered with a black clouds. I couldn't see the sun now.

Under the big tree near our camp, Mori Nene was sitting and lending her back to the tree.

Her face lowed so I couldn't see it clearly, but she seemed to be sleeping.

"You said you will solve the case. Where will you start?" Yukimura said with irritability. "Or you are thinking which boy you should blame?"

It was understandable that Yukimura didn't give reliability to our temporary detective. Mori wasn't known as the smart girl though.

"Wait for a while, Yukimura-Kun. " Mori answered and if I didn't misunderstand, she didn't even move her mouth. "I need everyone to come back to the camp first. Oh, everyone is here."

She said that because Karuizawa's group which consists of Karuizawa, Sato, and Matsushita reached the camp already.

Karuizawa dropped the log she held after she saw Mori.

"Mori-San. She does it again!" 

"T--That's---Sleeping Nene!" Sato shouted with surprise.

"Sleeping Nene?" Hirata asked with curiosity.

"Yes. It's her nickname. " Matsushita explained. "Sometimes, the crime happened in the girls' dorm. Mori-San will solve it. Before she solves the case, she will act as she sleeps. It's strange because she never closes the case while she wakes up. So we call her Sleeping Nene."

I raised my eyebrows. "You said as it happened normally."

"It happens normally, Ayanokouji-Kun. " Horikita said. "You'll be surprised how many crimes happened in the girls' dorm. Um, last week, there are 35 theft cases, right?"

Kushida nodded.

"Yes. There are 5 people murdered in my room."

"7 in mine," Onodera said.

"10! I win!" Maezono jumped with happiness.

I didn't expect this school would be that lack of security.

"So did you solve Karuizawa-San's case?" Hirata asked Mori.

"Yes. And I will tell you who the culprit is. " Mori said. "There is only one truth!!"

Wait, why did I hear saxophone sound came from nowhere?

(Play the video in the head for poetic flavor)

"This case is hard, really hard, but it isn't too hard to fool my fountain of knowledge!"

"Okay, please choose to be the drunken sleeping detective or loli Diabate-maker detective. Only one " Yamauchi said, but Mori ignored it.

"The truth behind the curtain. The love behind the vengeance. The knife behind the smile. I, Mori Nene, will reveal it!"

 "Stop playing around, Mori. " Yukimura said. "Who is the culprit?"

Mori became silent for a while.

"I will tell you now---"

"The culprit is----"

"We just start the chapter for 400 words! Don't cliffhanging now!" Karuizawa shouted.

"Sorry. The culprit is Ibuki Mio-San."

Ibuki Mio. The whispered sound of curiosity spread around the camp. Of course, If you thought it easy, Ibuki was the most suspicious one. She was from class C, our opponent. There were many reasons for her to steal Karuizawa's underwear. Ibuki could break our fake harmony with this action.