Vol. 5 Chapter 6 Now, we reached part 69! Lucky number, isn't it?

"Be with me, Doc."

"I'm sorry, sir. I can't---huh---I can't fight anymore!"

"Mori is looking at you."

"Yes, I know, sir! And I disappointed her!"

I wonder if she ever hoped on him.

I and Doc are dragging each other while our legs was tied together. Hirata decided to match the two weakest people in the class for a three-leg race. So we wouldn't waste the athlete carrying the weak ones.

Basically, no one hoped we to win.

The most ironic thing was Doc was supposed to carry me. But for some reason, I had to carry him instead.

In the end, we got the last place.

Not surprised though.

I went back to the tent and keep looking at my classmates competing. Started feeling guilty. I thought Doc would give up but after finishing the three legs race, he went out and started practicing for a 200m race. The last competition.

I sighed and encourage him from the distance. Then, I turned my sight to the yard. Where Horikita was going to run with Kushida. Beside me, Sudo stared at them with worry.

"Something's wrong. " He mumbled.

I didn't understand what he said until Horikita started to run. Normally, Horikita and Kushida were the fastest girls in class C. But they sprinted much slower than class A and D. Their opponents left them behind. 

Horikita and Kushida tried their best to follow their opponents and left class B behind. But their tempo was broken. Kushida became the leader while Horikita's step was slower and slower.

"She's injured. " Sudo said.

The effect of the collision was harder than Horikita expected. No, she might expect it but she didn't want to admit it.

Finally, class B could overtake Kushida and Horikita. Therefore, our team ended in last place.

"Don't look at me like that. " was the first sentence Horikita said to me when she walked back to the tents.

"Like how?" I replied.

"Forget it. " Horikita sighed. "I will go to the nursing room to compress my leg. " 

She said that and walked out of the stadium. The nursing room wasn't far from the yard so I thought she would come back in time---If Hazama-Sensei let her come back. If I was a doctor, I would force her to lay on the bed until her legs were fine.

While waiting for Horikita. I looked at class A to observe. It was 10 minutes break. So all of them were at their tent. There was two mass of people. One was surrounding Sakayanagi. Another (and less one) was with Katsuragi. I heard from Kushida that class A was separated into two factions. But I never thought they would be separated clearly like this.

"Today, class A didn't do good work, did they?" Hirata who appeared beside me asked.

"I wonder if Sakayanagi is doing something. " I said. 

"Do you think Sakyanagi-San is scheming her class?"

I didn't mean that. I just said some random thing because I wanted to look smart.

But Hirata didn't need to know.

"If we have another leader who wants to steal the throne from you. What will you do?" I asked him.

"I will give it to him if he wants, I never consider myself as a leader. " He smiled softly.

"Don't be a good guy now."