you did well

genre: fluffy angst

summary: jisung makes a small mistake and minho has to comfort him.

today was the day of stray kids's performance for a show. they'd done this many times before but as always, jisung was feeling shaken up and nervous beforehand.

"you're gonna do so well jisung, please don't fret." chan opened his arms for the younger and jisung gratefully accepted it. bangchan stroked jisungs head lightly before pulling away and fixing his mic.

jisung looked over to where minho was standing, only to be caught off guard by the other who was already looking at him with a concerned look. jisung knew how much minho worried about him and he wished he wouldn't. jisung was and would be fine. he just had to get through this. his anxiety would calm down after seeing how much love they got.

...or so he thought.

the performance was going smoothly for everyone. everyone but a certain individual. the pressure he felt was overwhelming and he felt he couldn't carry on with his performance.

'why is this happening?' he thought, desperately trying to push his thoughts down, hoping to just get through this, then he could be alone, then he could feel all the anxiety he wanted.

he wasn't the only one who noticed that he felt like this. minho had been keeping an eye on jisung throughout the performance and saw how, when he came to a stand still, he fidgeted or scratched himself. the older could tell jisung was feeling overwhelmed and he needed to be taken off the stage, but he couldn't just walk off with him.

when jisung's line came up in 'district 9' minho prepared himself for the inevitable mistake that was to happen. jisung was in no state to sing as powerfully as he had to in this song and he was bound to kick himself and dwell on it afterwards.

however, the only thing minho could detect that sounded off was a miniscule voice crack. stays wouldn't notice that he was sure of it but looking at jisungs face he was ready to cry.

the performance ended soon after and jisung fled the stage in a state of panic. 'stays were sure to pick up on that,' the older thought as he chased after jisung.

"jisung?" minho called. he could here small sniffles as he approached the bathroom door.

"sungie...what's wrong?" minho lightly knocked on the door.

"n-nothing, i'm okay." the elder's boyfriend replied.

"baby, you can't lie to me. come out of there so i can help."

there was a pause and then the door opened just enough to reveal a puffy eyed, tear stained squirrel.

"aww, jisung..." the older opened his arms for jisung to collapse into. he immediately complied and wrapped his arms around minho's waist, collecting his shirt in his fists.

minho slightly swayed them in a comforting manner and lightly kissed the top of his boyfriends head.

"min-minho, i ruined it. i ruined the performance with my voice crack." jisung buried his face lightly against the elder's neck, his hot breath tickling his skin.

"no, no, sung, you did so well. you didn't ruin it. nobody noticed. sungie don't cry." minho pulled away to wipe jisung's tears with his hands.

"never say that. you could never ruin anything. we all make mistakes, it's okay. you're okay. you did amazing i promise."

this made jisung cry even more.

"sung-sungie? don't cry more! did i say something wrong? i'm so sorry jisung."

"n-no, it's not that," jisung clutched minho's wrists, making them stay cupping his face.

"i-it's just that...um...no one's ever told me something like that." jisung whispered the last part so quietly that only someone standing as close as minho could hear him.

minho's eyes widened. he quickly bundled jisung into his arms, kissing the top of his head multiple times.

"jisungie, baby, you did so well i promise. i'll have to take you for cheesecake after this. you're so brave, pushing through your anxiety, i really admire that. please never forget how much you mean to me. i love you."

now it was jisungs turn for his eyes to go wide.

he pulled away.

"y-you love me?" he questioned, shocked that that was even possible. shocked at the fact that someone had the capacity in their heart to love him even though he was needy, whiney and overly emotional.

"of course i love you, jisung. you're like the person god sent down to save me. you're the light at the end of the tunnel. you're the warm soup on a cold day. you're the ice in my tea when it's a hot day."

jisung couldn't stop crying now. this was the first time he realized he was seen and appreciated.

"sungie, you're my beautiful angel, my talented boyfriend, my glue keeping me from falling apart. you're my reason to live."

"you mean it?"

"every single word." he rubbed his thumb over his boyfriends cheek, looking at him endearingly.

"i-i love you too. you're also my angel and my glue and my light and my ice and my soup." the younger frantically recited everything minho had mentioned back to him.

"and you also did well, and you're also amazing and brave. i love you."

minho giggled at his rushed but genuine words and slowly tilted jisungs head up.

"can i?"

"you still ask?"

"one day you might feel uncomfortable!"

"you're so cute."

jisung leaned in and connected their lips. the kiss was short but sweet and genuine. a little salty from the crying but nevertheless something both the boy's treasured.

"you did well, jisung."