stood up pt. 2

genre: fluff, angst
summary: jisung got stood up, but a handsome stranger comes to his rescue part 2.

T//W: Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder)

jisung took a deep breath and pulled himself away from minho's side.

"i think i'm j-just gonna t-tell you now." he said, his eyes were still glossy and his voice was still shaky but he wasn't crying anymore and could speak a lot more clearly.

"are you sure? i am still a stranger, you know?"

"no, you saved me twice today, you deserve to know."

minho readjusted their position on the bench so he was facing jisung while holding his hands to prevent the younger boy from pulling his hair again.

"i d-developed my disorder from him, you know, the one where i p-pull my hair." jisung sighed quietly. minho squeezed his hands as reassurance.

"i think it was around last year, maybe a year and a half ago, that i met him. he was s-so sweet to me. he always took care of me and treated me with so much k-kindness and respect.

after a couple months, h-he became distant. i didn't know why. i thought it was completely m-my fault and when i asked what was wrong he would say "why do you care?" in a very accusing way, like i did s-something wrong.

then, he started to show up late for dates and events all the time and sometimes he'd never show at all. when i asked him what happened he would tell me his mother had g-gotten worse. she had a terminal illness, i've never met her, but i believe him.

i never blamed him because he told me that it was m-my f-fault his mother was going to d-die and other shit like that. he would then distance himself from me. after a bit, he would come back to me and treat me with love and kindness before the cycle repeated. i never stopped him from doing a-anything he wanted to me either, because i-i loved him and he loved me." jisung buried his head in his hands after successfully prying them from minho's grasp, tears pricked at his eyes again and he didn't want to be a burden with all his crying.

"jisung, he didn't love you." minho said softly, caressing his head.

"y-yes he d-did!" jisung cried out.

"he abused you, jisungie." the older pulled jisung closer to him and the other didn't fight it.

"and you didn't love him, otherwise you wouldn't be scared of him."

"b-but, that i-is love! m-my parents w-were like that a-and they were in-in love."

"no, sungie, love isn't like that. love is beautiful and sweet and no one is scared."

"w-what do y-you mean?" jisung lifted his head to look at the older boy next to him.

"love is like a flower. it starts small and unsure, it needs to be nurtured to grow and it needs to be treated gently and carefully for it to bloom. when it does bloom, it's beautiful. it's got gorgeous colours and it's bright and attractive.

however, flowers die, and sometimes love dies too, but sometimes, love is carried by a butterfly and more flowers grow and the love never truly dies, it just multiplies and every flower is your love for that person." minho stroke jisung's hair before plucking a flower that was growing next to the bench and placing it in jisung's hair.

"i can teach you what love is truly like, if only you'll let me nurture your flower." he pointed his finger at jisung's heart.

the younger teared up again, burying his head into the crook of minho's neck. minho wrapped his arms securely around jisung's waist, bringing him impossibly closer.

"let's take it slowly, yeah?" jisung nodded into minho's neck.

"i'll take you on a date tomorrow." minho gently stroked jisung's head, careful not to accidentally pull or tug the strands.

"want me to walk you home?"

"yes please." jisung whispered, minho delicately kissed the crown of his head.

neither of the moved. they were comfortable. even though they just met, they could tell their love would bloom into the most beautiful flower in the garden.