protect me pt. 2

genre: fluff, angst, mafia/gang au, soulmate au
summary: jisung and minho are both in gangs/the mafia, but their groups are enemies, until they find out that jisung and minho are soulmates. part 2.
requested by: @WAY_SHEN_V and @Minsung_Seol

side ships: chanlix

A//N: idk how the mafia or how gangs work and i know that the mafia is like completely different to this story but just pretend it works like this lol.

not proofread

minho was the first to wake up. he tried to move his arms but something, more like someone, was weighing it down.

he turned his head and was surprised to see jisung lying in his arms. he looked closely and unknowingly admired the younger.

the way his eyelashes gently rested upon his puffed up cheeks, the way his hair was messy and sticking up in random places, the way his lips were slightly parted, but stuck in a constant, small pout, the way his skin looked soft and glowy, the way his eyes fluttered open, the way- wait...his eyes fluttered open?

minho was quick to look away, jisung had caught him staring and he was embarrassed.

jisung groaned and sat up, finally relieving minhos arm, which he shook out, trying to get it to move properly again.

it seemed as though jisung hadn't realized that minho was staring at him, or if he did, he didn't say anything, and minho was very thankful for that.

they still hadn't spoke, or even really acknowledged each others presence yet.

minho checked the time. 8:00 am. he still had time before he had to get up.

"hey, jisung." minho was the first to speak, and he spoke softly, unlike the earlier times they had spoken where he had used a much harsher tone.

"y-yeah?" jisung squeaked, still afraid of the older.

"are you okay?"

was jisung hearing this correctly? the lee minho was asking him if he was okay?

"uh, yeah? why?"

"you don't seem sure." minho countered, ignoring the question.

"i'm j-just a l-little flustered."

"why's that?" to this, jisung only gestured to the bed, implying the position they were in before.

"ah." was all minho said, before he got up and made his way to the bathroom.

as soon as he stepped in the shower, he rubbed his face roughly and lightly slapped himself.

'what the hell is wrong with me?' he questioned himself, 'why do i feel the need to protect him? why does it feel empty without him in my arms? why did i feel butterflies when i looked at him sleeping? is it because we're soulmates?'

after 15 minutes, the older got out the shower and dressed. jisung was still on the bed, staring into space, deep in thought about something.

'i want to be in his arms again. he makes me feel safe.' jisung pouted. he'd already accepted his feelings for minho. he knew that they would come and he knew that they couldn't be denied, so he accepted them. he didn't want to lie to himself when destiny had already decided his fate.

minho on the other hand, was more stubborn than jisung. he didn't want to admit that he liked the younger, but how would he know? he'd never felt like this towards anyone before.

he decided that the best thing to do was to consult his friends, changbin, hyunjin and jeongin. they would tease, but only when they knew the time was right. this time, minho was genuinely in distress and he didn't know what to do.