stood up

genre: fluff, angst
summary: jisung got stood up, but a handsome stranger comes to his rescue.

T//W: Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder)

not proofread

jisung had been waiting for twenty minutes now. he had texted and called but neither were picked up. he didn't want to pressure his date and so only texted twice and only called once.

after five more minutes, he started thinking of the worst case scenario. maybe he got hospitalized on his way here? maybe he got kidnapped? maybe he's been killed?!

not once, however, did the thought that he could've been stood up ever cross the boys mind.

a waitress came up to him.

"honey, are you sure they're coming?" she asked sweetly. it was evident that he was being pitied and he hated it.

"yes, i'm sure." his voice slightly quivered. he felt anxious with everyone's judging eyes on him. why can't they mind their business?

⚠️ Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder)⚠️

a cold sweat slowly formed on his forehead and his breathing started to pick up. he couldn't deal with all this attention. he brought his hands up to his hair and started to pull it.

he'd never pulled out a piece of hair before, but he'd definitely come close to it. right now he was just painfully tugging at it.

he felt tears prick his eyes and started to pull his hair harder when he felt a hand on his own.

"don't pull your hair, sweetheart." jisung's eyes went wide. the voice was silky and smooth like honey.

he looked up. staring at the boy in front of him with glossy, doey eyes. his heart skipped a beat.

"play along." he whispered into jisung's ear.

"i'm so sorry i'm late. traffic was crazy and then my mother decided to bother me with the longest conversation i've ever dealt with. i swear i tried to get out of it but she just kept rambling and then i tried to call you but my phone died! can you believe that?!" the boy looked at jisung with an apologetic smile.

jisung laughed, unknowingly making the boy in front of him melt.

"it's okay."

the waitress came over happily and took their orders. she ruffled jisung's hair as she left.

"so, what's your name?" the boy asked.

"jisung, han jisung, 19. what about you?"

"my names lee minho."

"like the actor?"

"i guess." minho chuckled, "oh, and i'm 20."

"so, how come you saved me?"

"i thought you were too cute to be stood up."

"i haven't-"

"a blind man could see it ji," jisung blushed at the nickname, "if he was in hospital or something, he would have called you or someone would have. that's common courtesy."

they continued having conversation, getting to know each other better. they were so caught up in conversation, they didn't realize the cafe was closing, until the waitress from earlier came to usher them out.

they were walking down the street when jisung noticed someone, causing him to come to a sudden holt.

"what's wrong?" minho asked.

"that's the guy that stood me up."

"seriously?! that bitch." minho muttered the last part, cracking his knuckles.

the boy had looked up and seen jisung and started walking over.

jisung panicked and hid behind minho, raising his hands up to his head, yet again.

"hey jisung. i'm sorry for ditching you." the boy said, with zero sympathy.

"leave him alone." minho interjected.

"and who are you?"

"none of your business."

"you have something that's mine."

"shut the fuck up." minho punched him square in the nose making the boy stumble and quickly leave, not wanting to get involved anymore.

"hey, sung, you okay?" small sniffles could be heard and jisung could be seen trembling, although minho couldn't tell if it was because he was crying or because he was cold.

he led them over to a bench and took his hoodie off, giving it to the squirrel-like boy.

"here. take it."

"no, i can't-"

"please." jisung pulled it over his head and was immediately welcomed with warmth, minho's natural scent and a subtle smell of his cologne.

he buried his face into it and minho pulled him closer to himself, wrapping one arm around the younger's waist and lacing one into his hair.

"i'm s-sorry. i should e-explain." jisung coughed out between sobs.

"tell me when you're ready, sweets, okay?"

"thank you." jisung cuddled into minho's side.

A//N: it's so hard to type with nails on oml, also i have 3 exams in science and i haven't studied at all but i can't really study anymore cuz i'm on half term and i'm going to rome 😭😭.

also i need to leave for rome at 3 but it's 00:18 where i am rn. i'm gonna die.

another thing, their will be a part 2, but please be patient this week cuz i have end of term exams for every subject, help.