public

genre: fluff, angst, tattoo artist au
summary: jisung sees his ex in public
requested by: @Lizzyastray00

T//W: panic attack

not proofread

minho and jisung had decided to go out on a date, they had been a little busy with their jobs to see each other very often.

minho wanted to take jisung on a walk by the han river and then they would get food afterwards. it was simple but they both needed it.

jisung was crouched on the floor looking at the wild flowers growing in the grass when something caught his eye. he thought he was going insane so he looked up rather suddenly causing minho look in the same direction, confused to what his boyfriend has seen.

jisung stood up and grabbed minho's hand. the boy was still utterly confused as to what was going on but went with it, letting the younger lead him away.

it was only when they heard jisung's name being called that minho started to piece together what jisung could've possibly seen.

the voice sounded again but this time close. jisung had frozen.

a guy came up to them. he was a little taller than jisung but a bit smaller than minho.

jisung stood behind minho, hiding himself from the guy. he whispered into minho's ear.

"ex." was all he said, and minho understood immediately.

"what the fuck do you want?" minho gave him a bitch face, showing he really didn't want him there.

"woah, that's not a way to greet someone you don't even know." the boy laughed, "can i speak to jisung?"

"you can speak to my fucking ass." minho retorted before he grabbed jisung's hand and swiftly lead them away. not wanting anything to start.

the boy shouted after them but they just kept on walking quickly.

they stopped under a tree where they deemed safe enough away from jisung's ex. when they sat down jisung broke.

⚠️panic attack⚠️

he cried until his body shook and minho felt his heart break. he bundled the boy into his arms, lacing his hands through his hair, trying to relax the tension in his muscles.

the younger's breath staggered and was shallow. he looked at minho in distress. he was scared that everyone was looking at him which only made his panic worse.

he felt his chest tighten and he started clawing at his skin, trying to do something to relieve the feeling of people looking at him.

minho quickly brought his nails away from his skin and held them tightly.

"you're okay, you're okay baby, no one's looking at you." minho tried to comfort him but it only slightly worked.

"squeeze my hand my love." minho tried to give him an alternative as he knew jisung still wanted to scratch his skin.

it pained him to see the younger in such distress over seeing his ex.

minho tilted his chin to gently to look in his eyes. he gently wiped away the tears that fell down his face.

"breathe for me." minho said, taking a deep breath, "he's not here, he can't hurt you. it's just me and you, okay princess? just me and you." jisung started trying to follow minho's breathing pattern.

"you're okay, you're okay." minho repeated.

"i-i-i'm sc-scared." jisung sobbed into his chest.

"i know, i know you are, but you're safe. keep taking those deep breaths for me lovely. put you're hand on my tummy okay?" minho guided jisung's hand to his stomach and took in a deep breath.

jisung felt how his stomach rose and fell and tried to copy it. minho constantly reassured him and squeezed his hand lightly, kissing his head every now and then.

"you're doing so well baby." minho made sure to tell him, he knew that jisung needed constant reassurance.

jisung's breathing eventually calmed down. he sniffed and buried his head into minho's chest.

"i-i'm so-sorry." he mumbled. his eyes became glossy again at the thought of burdening or making minho's life difficult. he just wanted a simple date and now he had to deal with jisung's problems.

"don't be sorry darling. you did so well." he ran his hands through the younger's hair and pushed it back to kiss his forehead.

"look, the sun has come out for you, even she's proud of you." minho smiled softly and jisung lifted his head out from the older's chest to see that the sun had in fact come out.

"can you smile for me baby boy?" minho asked, kissing his hand.

jisung showed a wide grin.

"so cute." the older complimented, kissing his nose.

"do you want some cheesecake?" jisung nodded happily, already standing up and forgetting about what happened half an hour prior.

"let's go then." minho stood up and held out his hand, jisung interlaced them and swung them happily back and forth as minho just admired him.

A//N: i forgot to address this in my last update, but since private dms are being deleted may 6th, please use my comments or message/conversation board on my profile if you would
like to request anything 🫶
it's a little annoying in case anyone wanted to be anonymous but oh well :(

love you 🩷