drawing

genre: fluff, angst
summary: jisung draws minho from afar.

not proofread

"can we go one lunch time when you're not trying to draw him?" hyunjin complained.

"no, i want to capture his beauty." jisung pouted.

he dragged his pencil across the page, effortlessly shading in his facial features as hyunjin watched from next to him.

"just take a picture and then draw him from the picture, it's easier because then he'd stay the same." hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"well, it's too late now because i've finished." jisung stuck his tongue out at a sighing hyunjin who went back to his food, entering the conversation between jeongin and changbin.

the bell for lunch rang and jisung quickly packed up his things and shoved his sketch book into his bag, forgetting to close it.

minho walked passed where jisung was sitting and noticed something on the floor. all his friends had gone for class and he had a free period so he picked it up.

it was a sketchbook. on the front it read the name 'han jisung'.

minho smiled, he'd had a crush on jisung for a while and returning this back to the younger would give him an excuse to talk to him.

but, what harm could it do to have a little look at what the boy was drawing all the time?

he opened up on the first page. it was a bunch of little sketches of different flowers. the next page was one of those flowers drawn in detail, a sunflower, coloured using pencil, the colour was a bright yellow and each seed in the centre was intricately rendered to perfection. minho admired it for a moment, appreciating each pencil stroke. he knew jisung was talented but he didn't know he was that talented.

the next few pages were other aspects of nature like animals and sealife.

then the drawings became more fashion drawings, like clothing designs on models, which minho found extremely interesting because he didn't know jisung was into fashion that much.

after a few more page turns he stumbled upon a portrait.

a portrait of himself.

he carefully traced over the lines of the drawing, careful not to smudge any of the pencil.

it was so accurate and it captured him in such a beautiful light. is this how he was seen through jisung's eyes?

every detail was there. his nose mole, his bunny teeth as it depicted him laughing. everything. and there was a sparkle in the eye, a look of love.

suddenly, the canteen door burst open. there was a couple other people in the canteen since they also had a free period and they all turned to face jisung, out of breath, standing at the entrance. everyone but minho just shrugged and carried on as they were. minho just stared at the boy. they made eye contact and minho watched as his eyes dipped down to the open book in his hands.

jisung felt tears in his eyes as he caught a glimpse of the drawing minho was looking at. he had seen it. the portrait. the older was never meant to see that and now he looked like a massive creep.

he sobbed a little as he stood there, contemplating whether leaving and never returning was a good idea.

apparently it was.

he swiftly turned on his heels and ran out the door. he headed for the bathrooms.

he pushed open the door and crouched on the floor, bringing his knees up to his chest. he buried his face in his legs and cried into them.