my prince

genre: fluff, angst, royal au
summary: minho has to marry a princess, so to decide, the king and queen plan a ball. minho is exhausted afterwards and goes to the comfort of jisung, his personal assistant.
requested by: @seungminsvocalchord

not proofread

"here let me help." jisung got up and helped minho tie his tie.

although minho was a prince, he'd always had trouble with his tie.

jisung dusted off his shoulders after he'd tied it neatly, his hands lingering as he looked up at minho. they caught each other through eye contact.

the air was thick with tension. love-struck, needy tension.

"you think you'll find the one tonight?" jisung asked quietly.

"i've already found the one." minho thought, staring deeply at jisung.

"no." he sighed solemnly, breaking the eye contact and looking around the room.

he checked his watch. 18:50.

he had to get going.

"i have to go."

"okay. want me to come with you?" jisung offered. he could see how tense minho was, maybe having a close friend by his side would make it easier.

"yes."

"i think it's best you stay here." minho knew the consequences of jisung coming along with him.

why would a simple servant be with the prince outside of his work ours?

of course, minho never saw jisung as his 'servant', he saw him as his best friend, someone he could go to when in distress, or when his mother troubled him.

but jisung still acted like his servant, always helping him with things, doing things for him and escorting him places.

however, jisung was minho's safe haven, and minho was jisung's.

there was just one problem.

jisung was poor and minho was royalty.

it was a stupid law put in place by stupid people, but royalty are not allowed to casually 'mingle' with people in poverty.

dating or marriage wasn't even a question.

the king and queen, minho's parents, were fed up with him not being able to choose a partner on his own and so, if he doesn't choose one by the end of tonight, they'll have someone sorted by the end of the week.

it scared minho. he had no control over his future.

if it was up to him, he would've just married jisung.

but he can't.

that would be mortifying.

and so, their whole dynamic was a secret.

to everyone but them, they were simply, servant and prince.

people never noticed the glances stole when dinner was being served, the way minho's hand would discreetly brush jisung's when he placed the plate down or the way they met up in the rose garden specifically grown for minho.

all these things they did. secretly.

they were only friends, yet both of them dropped hints that, if they could, they would be so much more than that.

maybe both of them were aware of the others feelings, or maybe they were both oblivious. what we can be sure of is that they were both in love.

hopelessly in love.