diet

genre: fluff, angst
summary: jisung has to go on an extreme diet.
requested by: @kagayasdaughter

T//W: dieting, not eating, body dysphoria, overthinking.

not proofread

last week, jisung was told he had to go on a diet. he wasn't allowed to eat a lot at all and had to lose weight for the comeback. he had been good at hiding it, eating little bits around the members so they wouldn't get suspicious or worried, but he completely avoided eating with them, saying he was tired and would eat later.

today, the members decided to go out for dinner as a reward for completing a successful run through of their newest choreography.

they decided to go to the local korean bbq.

to say jisung was nervous would be an understatement. he was terrified. he'd have to order food, which he already found a little difficult, but he couldn't eat it and he couldn't say he didn't want to eat anything, that would be very suspicious.

they all sat in a booth, a bbq was placed in the middle of the table.

light chatter surrounded the table, but jisung stayed quiet, his leg subtly bounced up and down.

fortunately, when it came to ordering, changbin ordered everything the members wanted to share, so it would be put in the middle of the table and everyone could help themselves. he was thankful he didn't have to speak.

when the food came, jisung put some food on his plate that didn't need cooking so it didn't look suspicious, but he didn't touch it, he only drank his water and engaged a little in conversation.

minho, who sat next to him, noticed his leg bouncing becoming more aggressive, he placed his hand discreetly on the boys knee while still conversing with jeongin and hyunjin and the bouncing calmed down.

minho then began to notice how little jisung was eating but he didn't want to say in front of everyone and call him out, he knew jisung would be embarrassed and it would only raise his anxiety, therefore, he whispered in his ear.

"you're not going to eat?" he asked in the boys ear, so quiet only they would hear.

"i'm not hungry." jisung said in a small voice.

minho decided to leave it there and talk to him when they got back.

after the dinner, the members were feeling sleepy because of the meal and their full tummy's so they all collapsed into their respective beds and just as jisung was going to do the same, he was pulled into the living room by minho.

"ji, why didn't you eat anything?" he asked in a soft voice. it was completely non-demanding so jisung felt safe to answer and wasn't scared.

"i, um..." jisung started to tear up slightly, minho noticed this and brought him into his embrace, calming jisung before a panic attack could start.

"it's okay princess, i won't force you to tell me if you don't think you can." minho brushed his hands through the boys hair and kissed it.

"did they put you on a diet?" minho asked after thinking for a moment.

jisung nodded into his chest, tearing up even more and letting the water slip down his face and onto minho's shirt.

"shh, shh, it's okay sweetheart." minho rocked them side to side, "let's go sit down okay?" he led jisung onto the sofa and enveloped him in his arms once again, both feeling more comfortable than standing up.

"do you think you could eat something now? you're probably quite hungry." minho asked into a kiss on his head.

jisung nodded subconsciously, cursing at himself when he did because making minho cook food for him would be burdensome since no one else would eat it.