comfort

genre: fluff, angst
summary: jisung gets abused and only finds comfort in minho.

T//W: abuse, panic attacks, alcoholism.

not proofread

⚠️abuse⚠️

"you stupid bitch." jisung's father slurred, throwing an empty glass bottle at jisung who, thankfully, dodged it. the bottle smashed against the wall behind him, shards flying in all directions, some slightly cutting jisung's skin.

jisung had to deal with this level of abuse almost every day, even when his father was sober, although, when he was sober the abuse tended to be more psychological than physical.

today, it had been going on for far longer than usual, the attacks, the insults, the abusing.

jisung needed to escape.

the boy sensed the pause in his father's actions as an opportunity for him to get out, he darted up the stairs and ran towards his room.

⚠️panic attack⚠️

he was too stunned to cry and instead sunk to the floor against his wooden door, his breathing sporadic and confused.

he fisted his shirt in his hands and desperately tried to think of something that could calm him down.

sweat cascaded down his forehead as he swallowed thickly, trying to remember anything, absolutely anything that gave him some type of relief or something that could help him ground himself.

he scrambled for his phone, scrolling through the contacts looking for one name and one name only.

his mind was fogged and his whole world felt as though it were closing in on him.

he was conscious of everything, the way his clothes clung tightly to him, soaked by his sweat, the way his hair tickled his scalp, the way his legs brushed against each other, the way his tongue felt almost uncomfortable in his mouth and the way every sound suddenly became loud and overbearing.

yet, he was also conscious of nothing at all, slowly losing all understanding of reality, the lack of oxygen reaching his brain caused his whole existence to fog up and he felt as though he were suffocating. there was so much oxygen but he couldn't breathe.

jisung pulled his phone up to his ear with shaking hands.

two rings and the person picked up.

"hey baby, missed me already?" a raspy voice spoke through the phone. even though he sounded as if he'd just woken up, his tone was cheeky and flirtatious.

the sound of his boyfriends voice immediately broke him. tears slid down his chubby cheeks with no promise of stopping.

"cupcake?" the voice came again, a worried tone replaced the previous flirty one and his voice sounded more awake and alert.

only a sob was let out, but no proper response.

"jisung, talk to me, what's wrong?" distant rustling could be heard, possibly the sound of minho getting up.

"h-hyung..." a staggered inhale was let out before jisung allowed himself to carry on his sentence, "my d-dad..."

that was all jisung needed to say for minho to understand exactly what was happening. he needed to get to jisung as quickly as possible.

he knew about jisung's panic attacks, but this one seemed a lot more serious than the others that minho had guided jisung through, so he threw on a hoodie, not bothering to put on a shirt and drove to jisung's road.

it was important that the younger's dad didn't know about minho, so he had to park his car down the road and run to jisung's house.

once he was there, snuck round to the gate leading to the back garden, staying out of sight of the younger's father, and jumped into the garden.

he climbed the tree outside his boyfriends window and onto the balcony, before knocking on the door.

no response.

he wasted no time in bringing out his spare key, swiftly unlocking the door.

the scene before him shattered his heart. his baby lay curled into a ball, the phone still against his ear, breathing heavily.

minho tip-toed over to the boy, afraid to make any noise in case he alerted the boys dad or scared the younger.

"hey sweetie." minho crouched down to jisung's level. the boy lifted his head, eyes glassy and face flushed.

minho was close but far enough away to not make jisung uncomfortable. he wasn't sure what had happened and so wasn't able to determine whether getting closer was appropriate or not.

the sight of red caught his eyes. on jisung's arms were scratches and cuts. they were untreated. he wanted to know what happened but needed to focus on calming jisung down before anything else could happen.

he held his hands out as an offering for jisung to hold them if he wished. the boy complied and placed his hands into minho's.

minho sat cross-legged to be more comfortable.

"precious, follow my actions, okay?" jisung nodded.

minho deeply inhaled, jisung tried to do the same, the inhale was broken and staggered but minho was glad he was trying.

the older exhaled after holding for three seconds.

the younger repeated the action.

they continued this until jisung's breathing was relatively back to normal, his sobs had dramatically calmed and he was safe him minho's loving embrace.

"do you want to talk about it, love?"

"n-no...let's stay...like this." his voice trailed off slightly at the end of his sentence.

his grip on minho's shirt loosened slightly meaning he'd grown tired.

minho decided that it would be best to stay with his boyfriend tonight, even though it was risky, his boyfriend was more important to him than himself.

he slowly got up, picking jisung up with him, cradling him in his arms.

he moved over to the bed and gently moved the stuffed animals out the way and placed jisung down. he got one of the stuffed animals and gave it to jisung who immediately cling to it.

of course minho knew all the stuffies names and he knew that he should treat them all equally or jisung would get upset.

he also knew that they always stay on the bed, so even if that means that minho should be basically falling off the bed, he's not allowed to move them.

luckily, jisung's bed was large and minho managed to comfortably slip himself underneath the duvet.

as soon as jisung registered minho beside him, he clung onto him as if for dear life.

the older wrapped his arms around his small waist and placed a kiss onto his hair.

"goodnight, sweetheart."

A//N: y'all idk how to feel abt this chapter :(.

also, it's nearly christmas!!! expect a christmas one shot soon :D

if u don't celebrate christmas, what holidays do you celebrate?