anniversary

genre: fluff, angst
summary: minho is so focused on his dance that he forgets his and jisung's anniversary.
requested by: @Hiimlaylasta

not proofread

minho had woken up extra early to make his way to the dance practice room. he'd been trying to perfect his solo performance for their upcoming fan meeting, but he was never pleased with his progress, always choosing his dance over everything. he needed it to be better than anything he's performed before and because of this he'd been extremely stressed and tired.

jisung stirred slightly in his sleep, waking up a little as he felt the bed dip and a little kiss being placed on his head. he subconsciously smiled a small smile and heard the door open and close. as usual, minho was going out to dance, but jisung hoped he'd be back soon so they could celebrate their anniversary together.

he'd bought minho a new duffel bag for their anniversary and he couldn't wait to give it to him. he was excited to see his reaction.

today, he had a very loose schedule, only having to record something for chan in the afternoon, so he took the morning to bake a cake for them and see if they had enough ingredients for dinner.

~+*+~

it was evening by now and minho still hadn't returned. jisung waited expectantly for him to come back to the dorm. every time the door would open he would perk up in his seat like a puppy waiting for its owner, but every time it was another member, they gave him a sorrowful expression and he just smiled weakly at them.

where was minho?

just then, the door flung open, jisung's expression lit up as he saw minho's tired body trudge into the house.

minho spotted jisung and walked over to him, placing a kiss on his forehead. he was sweaty, but jisung didn't care.

"baby, why aren't you in bed yet? it's very late." he asked concerned.

jisung's expression faulted slightly.

did he not see the dinner and gift prepared on table.

"min...what do you mean? don't you know what day it is?" his eyes wore a saddened expression and it killed minho that he couldn't remember.

minho crouched down in front of jisung while was sitting on a dining chair, "it's october 14th." was all he said, showing jisung he didn't remember.

jisung felt tears well up. he knew minho had been stressed and tired, he should've expected him to not remember.

minho placed a hand on his thigh and massaged it slowly, running it up and down his leg, "sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"y-you should know w-what day it i-is."

minho looked around him.

'it's not jisung's birthday...it's not my birthday...' then he saw the dinner, the gift an the cake on the table and it all came rushing back to him.

today was their anniversary.

their third anniversary.

he immediately brought jisung into a hug, his own tears wanting to fall.

"baby, oh my god. i'm so stupid. i'm so so stupid and sorry. i'm so sorry, love. it's our anniversary, how could i forget?" minho carefully pushed jisung out of his arms to look at him and wipe his tears-stained cheeks.

jisung shakily lifted his own hands up and wiped minho's tears.

"oh, baby, i'm so sorry. i can't believe it. you did all this?" jisung nodded.

"a-and a gift." he said, his words quiet and trembling.

"sweetheart...how could i make it up to you. i feel awful. this must have taken ages, it looks delicious." he caressed jisung's hair.

"eat with me please." he asked politely in a tiny voice, almost as if he was unsure that minho would agree, but little did he know if he asked minho to cut his own arm off he would do it with no hesitation at all.

minho sat in front of jisung and offered his hand which jisung took. he served them both and then started to eat.

"baby, this is delicious, thank you." he squeezed his hand and carried on eating.

"how's your dance going?" jisung asked while eating his own food.

"it's getting better."

"i think it's perfect."

"but you haven't even seen it."

"i don't need to to know that its perfect." and minho wondered for the fiftieth time that minute what on earth he did to deserve jisung.

they ate with comfortable conversation, though it was mostly jisung rambling about who knows what and minho listening attentively with heart eyes, their hands still intertwined.

jisung was too forgiving, always ready to brush things off and say that it's okay even when it's not.

"open the gift!" jisung suddenly said.

"but, baby, i didn't get you anything..." minho looked guiltily at jisung.

"your reaction is enough." and so minho reached next to him and carefully opened the gift.

a new duffel bag.

he'd been needing one of those, but he never told anyone. jisung must have observed.

it was silent as jisung expectantly watched minho, waiting for him to say something, but instead, he just burst into tears. his body shook as his chest rose and fell dramatically.

jisung rushed to his side, worried.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i know it's an ugly gift, i'll send it ba-" jisung was interrupted with a bone crushing hug.

"i'm s-such an awful boyfriend." he sobbed, "i'm so sorry. this is e-everything i w-wanted and i-i couldn't e-even get y-you a-anything." jisung wrapped his arms around minho.

"i-i'm so awful, i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry..." he kept repeating until his rapid breathing stopped his from talking anymore.

"it's okay. you were stressed and just forgot, that's normal." jisung ran his fingers through his hair and drew circles into his back.

minho brought his head out of jisung's chest.

"i'll make it up to you, i promise, tomorrow, i'll make it up to you." minho kissed jisung's cheek.

"i'm looking forward to it." jisung smiled.

"i love you, baby, so much. i'm so sorry, thank you so much." minho hugged him tighter.

"i love you too and i forgive you, it's okay." he kissed minho's head lightly and rocked them side to side.

A//N: everything will work out in the end :)

what country are you guys from?

love you 💕