red string

genre: fluff
summary: on your 18th birthday a red string appears on your index (pointer) finger connecting you to your soulmate.
requested by: @BrookWilliams2

mentioned side ships: jeongchan, seungjin, changlix.

disclaimer: ages are not accurate in this story. minho and jisung are 11 months apart.

not proofread

for your 18th birthday, a red string appears on your index finger connecting you to your soulmate. the tie is visible on your finger but it will lead off into nothingness for others, only you can see your string.

if your soulmate isn't 18 yet, then the string will lead to them without them knowing. you will know, but your soulmate won't.

once you've got your red string, romantically engaging with others will result in a small shock, telling you your with the wrong person.

unfortunately, this has broken many relationships apart and your 18th is the most dreaded, and looked forward to, birthday.

this fate is no different for minho.

"minho, your 18th birthday is coming up. what do you want as a present?" bangchan asked, curiously, fiddling with the vibrant string on his finger.

"i don't want anything, i'm okay."

"come on, man, you have to want something." changbin sat down next to bangchan.

"i'm okay with just finding out who my soulmate is." minho said, resting his chin in his palm.

"i think you're gonna want something to distract yourself from that. it's not easy finding out who you have to spend your whole life with this young." bangchan explained.

"yeah, but you seem quite happy with the outcome." changbin teases making bangchan blush and glance over at where jeongin was sitting, laughing at something felix had said.

"earth to chan." a new voice appeared waving a hand in front of chan's eyes making him snap out of his trance.

"who were you staring at anyway?" hyunjin asked sitting down next to minho, while munching on store bought sushi.

"who do you think?" minho rolled his eyes.

"you're so whipped."

"says you." chan retaliated, "your like seungmin's number one admire." hyunjin said nothing and only put more sushi into his mouth.

"imagine it's jisung." changbin randomly blurts out.

"frankly, i would kill myself."

something you should know about minho and jisung is that they aren't on the best of terms. more like they're on the worst of terms. they hate each other.

"dude, he's not that bad." hyunjin says, looking over to where jisung and his friends were sitting.

"yes he is. he's such a brat and he's annoying."

"like you aren't annoying." hyunjin rolls his eyes.

"what do you mean?" minho asked, sounding offended.

"i mean, your annoying. you've pretty much dated the whole school."

"touché." the conversation died out and they sat in a comfortable silence.

over on jisung's table, however, loud laughter can be heard echoing across the canteen.

"guys have you ever thought about who your string will attach to?" jeongin questioned. the other boys, slowly stopped laughing to think about the question.