family issues

genre: angst, fluff

summary: jisung's family don't accept him when he comes out so the first person he goes to is minho

t//w: homophobia

it was a chill autumn night and i was eating dinner with my mother and father. i was struggling to say the least. they were talking about a lesbian couple they saw on the street coming home from grocery shopping and how it was wrong for two women or two men to be together. this angered and scared me. yeah, i'd dealt with their homophobic remarks for a while but what they were saying was pushing me over the edge.

"it's just not right, nature intended man and woman to be together not woman and woman or man and man." she says with a disgusted look on her face. again with the speech about what's natural and what isn't.

i sigh quietly, trying making sure they don't hear. unfortunately my father notices.

"what are you sighing for?" my head snaps up, what do i say?

"just tired, i guess." i lie.

"no, i can tell something's bothering you."

"it's nothing, i promise"

"are you sure? you're not about to tell us your a f**, are you?" he laughs. that tips me off. that word, dripping with venom off his tongue. it's disgusting that he's using it. as a straight man.

"so what if i am, huh?" i say, my voice is normal but it's slightly raised, strained.

my father drops his cutlery.

"no son of mine is gay." he says sternly. my mother just sits in shock.

"you're disgusting." he states, a little too calmly.

"you're not my son!" he shouts standing up.

i stand up too, slamming my hands on the table.

"good. i'm glad my father isn't a self-centered bitch anymore who's head is so far up his ass he'll need surgery to remove it." i grab some random shoes and slam the door shut.

as soon as i'm out if the house i speed walk to minho's. he's the only person i want to see right now.

my anger is settling down and my sadness is gathering quickly. i let out a sob and use my sleeve to wipe the fast falling tears away. my vision is blurry and my body is trembling and people who walk past me look at me like i'm crazy but i don't care. i need to get to minho's house.

i ring the door bell and hear shuffling within. the door opens to reveal minho in sweatpants and an old t-shirt.

as soon as he appears in the doorway, i stagger into his arms. he's slightly alarmed but after a second he wraps his arms tightly around me, almost like he's protecting me. at least that's how it felt.

"jiji, what's wrong? what happened? are you okay? are you hurt?" he takes me into the kitchen, shutting the door with his foot, then he lifts me up and places me on the countertop.

"oh my god, you're crying." he uses his thumb to wipe my tears away.

"it's okay, baby. cry." and with that reassurance i lower my head to bury my face into his neck and cry. i let out every emotion i've been building up these past few years and every new emotion. the fact i haven't got a family anymore is probably the hardest to deal with.

once i've calmed down, i lift my head up to look at him, feeling guilty about his soaked shoulder, but he doesn't seem to mind. all his focus is on me.

"sungie, are you okay?"

"i don't have a family anymore, minho." i croaked, sounding, and probably looking, desperate.

"why? what happened?" he looks at me with concerned filled eyes. lifting me off the counter top he makes his way to his bedroom wear we would be more comfortable. no stairs. the perks of living in an apartment.

laying us down on the bed, under the covers, he put his arms around me and brought me closer to him. i wrapped my arms around him too, letting my head find its place in his chest. he started to draw shapes on my back to calm me down.

"i came out." is all i managed to say.

"i'm so proud of you jiji, but i'm guessing they didn't take it well?" i nod. he hummed in response.  i think he got the idea that talking wasn't easy for me right now because he stopped asking questions.

"everything's going to get better, i promise you that. i'll always be with you, yeah? i love you."

as a response i kissed his chest and hugged him tighter, praying that conveyed my message. all i wanted to do was fall asleep with him and forget everything that was happening outside this room, outside this bed, outside his arms.

a//n sorry for the shit chapter, i felt i had to put something out after being away for so long haha.

happy very late stayweek/stayday