a night to remember

genre: fluff, angst
summary:minho and jisung meet at a masquerade ball where they swear they've seen each other before.
based off the song 'a night to remember'.
requested by: @m1nhos_toes

not proofread

minho's pov

swore i'd seen you before
watched you walk through the door

the doors opened once again and another party of people arrive, all dressed in intricate masks, but you walked a little farther behind. a slender figure with a red and gold mask strapped around your head, covering your eyes. the mask matched your suit with its gold sleeve cuffs and a red tie.

something about you looked familiar to me, like i'd seen you somewhere before.

if only i could see your face.

something in your eye
reminded me of somebody i used to know

you approached me, a sparkle in your eye as you struck up conversation. you timidly told me that you thought my mask was very pretty.

i thought i recognised the glint in your eye, and although i couldn't see it very well, a feeling of  something nostalgic washed over me.

jisung's pov

you touched my back
i took your hand

after i struck up conversation with you, you offered me a dance when the music had started up once again on a new song. of course i accepted shyly. a blush rose to my cheeks.

you placed your large hands on the small of my back and i took your hand in mine. we swayed gently to the music, sometimes you'd spin me out and back in. we improvised the steps.

something from your touch felt shockingly familiar
and i swore i'd seen you before

something in the way you held me, the way your hands fit perfectly in mine, made me feel like i'd known you sometime before this.

maybe an old friend.

oh, i swore i'd seen you before

no one's pov

underneath the sheets
you enchanted me
and whispered sweet nothings in my ear

the room was pitch black and neither could see the others face, no matter how hard he squinted.

minho lay jisung down on the bed gently, trailing butterfly kisses up his neck and along his jaw.

"such soft skin." he whispered into jisung's ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, "so beautiful."

i shivered beneath you
all wrapped up in your embers

jisung whimpered and shivered beneath minho's hold, submitting to him.

his touch burned through jisung's skin, leaving a lingering warmth like the flame of a burning candle.

it was a night to remember

minho's pov

then i walked away
you asked me to stay

i stopped it from escalating too quickly, pulling away after brushing the hair out of your face, your skin wet with sweat.

i went to leave but you grabbed my hand, you fumbled over your words asking me to stay.

know you're thinking of what could've been

you wanted me and i wanted you, but we knew a one night stand wouldn't work out in the end, so you asked me to lay with you for a while.

but you've become someone i've seen before

by your simple mannerisms, even if i can't see them, i swear i've known you before.

maybe in a past life.

i swore i'd seen you before

no one's pov

underneath the sheets
you enchanted me
and whispered sweet nothings in my ear

they lay together, jisung's head upon minho's chest. the older laced his hands through jisung's hair, twirling it between his fingers.

"you have beautiful hair."

i shivered beneath you
all wrapped up in your embers

jisung shivered at the low and seductive tone as he felt a hand wrap around his waist, pulling him closer.

jisung felt calm, warmth flooded his body and he felt safe being embraced even if every touch felt like a lingering kiss from the sun, burning his skin a little.

it was a night, enchanting night to remember

they both soon fell asleep, wrapped in each others hold, still unaware of who the other was. unaware that they'd indeed met before. unaware of their rekindling love that had been long forgotten, that had never been expressed.

'i swore i'd seen you before.' they both thought.

A//N: number 1 in minsung yall 🥳🫶

thank you so much for all your support!!

also isn't this song so beautiful 🥹

love you 🩷