nightmares

genre: fluff

summary: jisung gets nightmares and his roommate, minho, is the only one who can calm him down.

jisung woke up suddenly. sweat cascading down his forehead, his hair was soaking. he felt hot and sticky.

and scared.

his breathing was short, shallow in takes of hot and humid air.

jisung patted the surface of his bed, desperately searching for his squirrel plushy.

once he realized he couldn't find it, his breathing increased even more and only one thing came to his mind.

minho.

he frantically got up, slowly stumbling to his door.

was minho even still there?

maybe he'd left like in his dream.

no...he wouldn't do that.
would he?

his vision was blurry but he knew the way to minho's room with his eyes closed. he rapidly knocked on the door.

minho woke up confused. he heard the knocking but didn't fully process it, he wanted to put in some earplugs and go back to sleep hoping that maybe it would stop. when it didn't stop, he remembered.

jisung.

quickly, he clambered out of bed in just his pyjama trousers. he swung the door open to reveal a petrified jisung.

placing two hands on either one of jisung's cheeks, he wiped the youngers tears away with his thumbs.

"what's wrong?" he whispered softly.

"i had a nightmare." just thinking about it made jisung cry more.

minho carefully put his arms around him holding him close.

"shhh, hey, it's okay," he quietly said into his ear, "you're safe here."

"shall we go to bed?" jisung only nodded.

they climbed into bed. minho's arms where protectively around jisung's waist and jisung had his head buried in minho's bare chest. minho ran his fingers up and down jisung's spine in a comforting manner and soon jisung had calmed down, only sniffling.

"wanna talk about it?"

jisung didn't exactly want to but minho always said it would make him feel better and sometimes it did.

"i d-dreamt that you left me..." jisung felt guilty for dreaming this. he thought minho would take it as him thinking the older was the sort of person to leave so suddenly, to abandon him, when in fact, it was simply jisung's inner doubt.

"oh...you know i'd never do that, right?"

"yes, i know, i don't know w-why i dreamt it. i g-guess i'm just scared that maybe...you'll get sick of m-me." he almost whispered the last part, his voice dissipating the more he spoke.

"i could never get sick of you sungie." he lightly kissed the top of his head.

although they weren't in a relationship, many people assumed they were from how close they could be. everyone could tell that they would one day become a couple. the way they looked at each other told you everything you need to know, it was only a matter of time before one of them confessed.

"hannie," the other just hummed.

"you know i love you, right?" he said plainly, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"yeah, you tell me all the time."

"i mean more than a friend." when jisung heard this he removed his head from the crook of the older's neck to look at him.

"...what?"

"i love you."

"s-seriously?"

"i know it may be a lot to take in and you might not feel the same way and i don't even know why i said it so blunt like that, you know, like, i used to like you just simple crush on you but the more time i spent with you, the more i realized that this is love and not just a crush. seeing you like this made my heart drop to my ass." the younger giggled.

jisung knew he was rambling but he loved every word of it. hearing that minho loved him, he loved him, was the best thing in the world and the younger wished that the older didn't stop talking. maybe he was being selfish but he didn't care. he felt so...so wanted.

"you don't have to respond right now and i guess i might be making you uncomfortable- oh my god, please don't tell me i'm making you uncomfortable with this sudden confession, i'm so sorry, i'll leave right now."

minho tried to get up but jisung was quick to pull him back down again.

"i love you too." he mumbled. minho stood there for a second in shock. not understanding what he was hearing.

"what was that?" he asked.

"i love you too." jisung said a little louder. the older broke out in a grin that made jisung's heart skip a beat.

"huh? i didn't quite catch that."

"oh my god, shut up, you know what i said." an embarrassed blush spread across his face and he covered it with his hands.

minho was quick to remove the youngers hand. desperate to see the face he loved the most.

"don't cover your beautiful, delicate, elegant, pretty, stunning, breathtaking..." he paused, trying to think of more adjectives to describe his love for jisung's face.

"...eye catching, gorgeous, hot, sexy, cute, precious, soft face of yours."

"stop." jisung whined, getting more embarrassed.

minho smiled and gathered the younger in an engulfing hug. jisung cuddled up to minho's chest, once again burying his face in the crook of his neck.

"i'm glad you're feeling better now sungie."

"mm, i'm glad too."

"i love you."

"i love you too." he yawned.

"goodnight." minho kissed the top of jisung's head and only an incoherent mutter could be heard in response before small snore emitted from the boy in minho's arms.