want so bad

genre: fluff
summary: the behind the scenes of recording want so bad.
requested by: @chanandhis7children

jisung had decided that he wanted to make a happy love song for once. one that radiated the colour pink and the cherry blossoms in spring.

that's how he came up with the idea of 'want so bad'.

as he was writing the song, he could only think of one person.

the person who makes him feel like a sappy love song, the person who made this song easy to write, the person called minho.

he decided to call the boy after recording the demo, knowing the only that this song could even come close to being on his "to be released" list, it would have to feature the older boy.

after three rings he picked up.

"hey ji, what's up?"

"i'm recording a song right now for skz-record and you have to feature on it!" jisung exclaimed excitedly.

"okay, okay." the older laughed, "i'm on my way."

"okay, hurry." the younger smiled widely, excited for them to have their first skz-record together.

he hung up the phone and patiently waited for minho, busying himself with other jobs.

soon, someone knocked on the door.

jisung rushed over to open it and let minho in.

"someone's excited." minho smiled, admiring the younger.

"shut up." he pouted.

"aww, no, it was cute." minho ruffled his hair before pulling a chair up next to jisung's and sitting down, waiting for jisung to show him the song.

"oh, right." jisung jumped onto his chair and showed minho the lyrics on his computer.

"ah, so it's a happy song. that's some character development, i was nearly going to ask you who hurt you so bad."

"shush." jisung whined at the constant teasing.

"can i hear the demo?"

"yeah sure." jisung gave minho his pair of headphones and played the demo.

minho followed along with the lyrics, splitting the screen so one half was the production app and the other was the document of the lyrics. he looked at the colour coded lyrics showing which lines where his and which were jisung's.

after the demo was finished and minho finished praising the younger as he usually does after hearing something he's written, which always made jisung shy, they got to work recording.

"jisungie, i have a little cold, is that okay?"

"yes that's fine hyung, don't worry you sound great!" minho just smiled through the glass and the intro played.

they stayed in the studio for a long time, longer than expected.

jisung was struggling to keep his eyes open. not that minho's voice was boring, or what he was doing was boring, but rather the fact that he had barely had any sleep the past few days either and, although it was only midnight, he was exhausted.

minho was about to ask jisung to re-do a specific verse when he heard a loud thump and then a whine. he whipped his head to the window only to see jisung clutching his forehead.

he rushed out of the recording booth and over to jisung.

"sungie, what happened?"

"tired and hit my head." jisung yawned letting his hands fall to his sides, too tired to do anything about the pain.

minho rolled his eyes at the boys silliness and lightly pressed a kiss to the red mark forming on his forehead.

jisung, although too tired to comprehend what had happened, still managed to have a little blush dusted upon his cheeks, making them rosy and pink.

"i just need to edit something and then we can go home, okay? sleep on the sofa for a little." minho said softly.

jisung complied with no further questions and collapsed on the sofa.

minho finished some lyrics that he'd ask jisunf about later when he noticed something that caught his eye.

it was an open notebook, jisung's handwriting was messily scribbled over the pages, but what caught his eye the most was the massive writing scribbled over the double page spread.

"want so bad: a song about minho."

he knew he shouldn't but he couldn't help himself, he picked up the book and read the contents.

there was a mind map which was covered by the large letters scribbled across everything.

minho somehow managed to decipher some sentences.

"how to confess to minho." was written in the
middle with a bubble around it.

"- buy him flowers
- buy him chocolate
- take him out on a date
- take him to your house
- take him to the han river
- write him a song ✔︎"

minho smiled to himself, the song was a way for jisung to ask him out? he chuckled lightly, placing the book down and swiveling round in his chair to face jisung on the sofa.

he walked over to him and stroked his hair, crouching down next to him.

"come on sungie, wake up." he called gently.

the younger's eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked up at minho with squinted eyes.

"min..." he said groggily.

"it's time to go home." minho shrugged his coat on and grabbed the keys.

"carry me." was all jisung said making grabby hands.

"as you with, sweets." he picked him up like a koala and immediately felt him melt into his touch.

he shut the lights off and closed the door before making his way back to the dorms.

jisung snuggled his head into minho's neck and fell peacefully asleep, the older's scent lulling him to sleep.

A//N: minsung 2 kids showww
theyre so cute, me and my friend watched it at lunch in the canteen today and we were fan girling so much lol

stay safe!!
love u 💕