coffee

genre: fluff, angst
summary: minho is a barista and has taken a liking to the regular customer, han jisung.

not proofread

"i think i'm gonna take my break in a few." minho called to his co-worker, hyunjin, who was currently making a coffee for an awaiting customer.

"your boyfriend hasn't arrived yet though, he's gonna be disappointed when he doesn't see you there." hyunjin teased earning a glare from the boy behind the cash register.

"he's not my boyfriend."

"okay, okay, i'm sorry, but i still think you should wait and see if he comes in. you'll be sulky all day if you don't see him." hyunjin muttered the last sentence but minho still heard it, he just chose to ignore it.

"is this so you can take your break now?"

"you think so low of me." hyunjin pouted.

"i'll take that as a yes then."

hyunjin just smiled sweetly at him before bringing the coffee out to the customer.

the younger boy decided to go on break now and so minho was left alone. it was 6 pm so it wasn't that busy and comfortably manageable for one person. the occasional person came in but not many, meaning that there was no rush to make the coffee and there was a relaxing atmosphere surrounding the cafe.

minho hummed the tune playing softly on the speakers when the bell rang above the door, signaling that someone had entered the cafe.

the boy behind the counter stood up straight so as not to look as though he was slacking.

jisung happily walked into the cafe, his earphones in as usual. he took one out to speak to minho.

"h-hi." he shyly waved, earning a small smile from minho.

"the usual?"

"yes please, b-but, i-if you don't mind, c-could you add a slice cheesecake this time." his voice was very small and nervous as he spoke and he wrung his hands while looking at the counter instead of minho.

"of course." minho typed in the prices on the register, jisung paid and sat in his usual spot by the window.

the older started his work making the iced americano. he contemplated leaving his number, but then went against it, thinking that it was too straightforward. he didn't want to scare the boy off, he didn't know how he would be able to get through his shift if the boy didn't come in at exactly 6:15 pm everyday.

he had to take overtime one day and worked until 7 pm, but during that shift, jisung came in, and minho was so entranced by his beauty that he managed to find out that the boy always came in at 6:15 pm and he even managed to change his shift so he could always see him.

he brought the coffee over to jisung's table and was just about to leave when he felt a tug at his sleeve.

"u-um, sorry if this i-is rude, but, have you t-taken your break y-yet?" the boy asked in a very small voice that pulled at minho's heartstrings.

"no, i haven't, why are you asking?" minho replied as gently as possible.

"w-would you l-like to e-eat with me?" jisung surprised himself by his own confidence.

"i would love to, let me just let my coworker know i'm taking a break." the older politely excused himself for a second before quickly speed walking behind the counter and into the break room.

"the cute boy just asked to eat with me, i'm taking break, you can take the rest of yours later." minho said quickly before rushing back out. luckily, hyunjin is a good friend, and gave his break up for his friends love life. not without sighing a copious amount, of course.