summer

genre: fluff
summary: jisung and minho laze around on a summer day.

the breeze ran its fingers through his hair and the sun caressed his face, the light delicately bringing out his latte skin tone. his soft smile challenged the sunshine as he tilted his head back to absorb more of the warmth.

his boyfriend, minho, sat down on the grass next to him, placing down a tray filled with fruits like peaches, watermelon, strawberries, mangoes, ect. a light orange teapot, with matching teacups and saucers, was filled with chamomile tea and there was a small gathering of daisies wrapped in brown string.

jisung smiled lovingly at his boyfriend. no words needed to be spoken between them for them to understand how the other felt.

the subtle smell of flowers and citrus floated through the air, perfectly blending with the vanilla scent of minho. he tossed his hair and lay his head on jisung's lap, biting into a slice of watermelon.

he held the bitten watermelon slice up to the younger's lips, who took a small bite out of it, humming in satisfaction. he let one of his hands play with minho's hair, while the other one supported his weight as he leant back on it.

he hummed a quiet tune, raking his fingers carelessly through minho's hair.

"oh, that reminds me." minho spoke quietly, not wanting to break the peacefulness.

"what is it, min?"

"i'll be right back, love." minho leaned down to kiss the top of jisung's head before wandering back into the small cottage.

today, minho and jisung were feeling like they wanted to be more close with each other than usual. something about summer, the warmth and the nature made them cuddly. neither minded, however.

minho made his way back outside with an old record player and two books. jisung giggled softly at his boyfriends antics.

"jazz?"

"jazz."

he put a record on, a jazz compilation record and places the needle in the groove. gentle saxophone started to play.

minho placed the two books on the tray, in case they wanted to read later. jisung's book was 'the song of achilles' and minho's book was 'the picture of dorian gray'.

this time, jisung lay down in minho's lap, he picked up a mandarin and held it up to the older. he laughed and started to peel it. he peeled away all the pith (the white, stringy bits) and fed jisung, who was waiting patiently with adoring eyes. a sigh of content left his plump lips as he chewed.

minho poured himself a cup of chamomile tea and sipped it lightly, this made the younger also crave the mild, sweet drink.

he sat up and poured himself a cup, accidentally burning himself a little in the process.

"ouch." he mumbled quietly.

"what's wrong?"

"i just burnt myself slightly, don't worry."

"how could i not worry, baby, let me see." jisung blushed at how much minho cared.

the older gently held jisung's hand and checked for any blistering.

"do you think it needs to be run under cold water?" asked jisung, not wanting to get up.

"i think you'll be okay, my love." he kissed his finger where the burn had reddened the skin.

they share a sweet kiss tasting of watermelon, mandarin and chamomile before jisung picked up his book and minho lay down in his lap. jisung placed his hand in his boyfriends hair, yet again.

he was too immersed in his book to notice minho starting at him with a loving gaze. he eyes sparkled as he looked at his sun, his light, his boyfriend.

he held jisung's hand and brought it down to his lips making jisung stop what he was reading at look at him. minho kissed his hand lightly, making the younger giggle.

"you're so beautiful." minho whispered.

"mm," he hummed, "thank you, min, you're very handsome yourself." he leaned down and pressed a tender kiss to minho's lips, who immediately kissed back, savoring the taste. they pulled away and minho sleepily ate a mango. the warm air making his eyes droop.

he lazily watched the butterflies and bees and played with jisung's fingers.

they stayed like that, the whole day. eating, occasionally chatting, but mostly calmly enjoying each others presence.

A//N: i miss summer so much, even tho it's like 30 degrees in the uk when it's meant to be october, it's still not the same cuz i'm expecting it to be cold, you know?