go rest

genre: fluff, angst
summary: minho pushes himself too hard to make jisung happy and jisung wants to make up for it.
requested by: @Rukiiniee

not proofread

"ji, let's go out today!" minho walked up to the younger who was slightly slouched over his desk, trying to perfect an origami swan.

he swivelled around on his chair to face minho, proudly showing him the swan with a wide smile on his face. minho took it out his hands and held it up to the light, admiring it.

"baby, that's beautiful, you're so talented." minho stroked his hair lightly before placing the origami swan on his bedside table.

"yeah, i'm up for going out." jisung finally answered.

they got their shoes on and headed out the door after collecting their keys, wallets and phones. the couple strolled down the street, admiring the blooming flowers that were coming to life, signalling warmer weather was due.

jisung had always favoured autumn, but that doesn't mean he didn't miss spring. he loved the refreshing breeze and all the animals and plants that finally came out of the hiding spots they'd been in during the winter.

the older swung their hands back and forth, humming a tune. jisung looked up at him with wide eyes. lately, he'd noticed that minho was becoming more tired, it was evident in the slightly darkness of his under eyes. the younger couldn't help but wonder if it was his fault because he'd been getting nightmares more often and waking minho up.

the boy, of course, was always there, ready to comfort him, but maybe it was burdening him. he'd been working later as well. yet, somehow, he always made time for jisung. always put the younger's health and happiness before his own. and while it was endearing, it wasn't healthy at all.

they arrived at the cafe and minho ordered for both of them and payed. jisung pursed his lips. he wanted to pay for it himself, but had minho insisted otherwise.

the date went by smoothly, giving both of them a small rest from the stresses of their jobs.

when they got home, minho immediately went to put the laundry into the washing machine, but before he could even make it to the wash basket, jisung grabbed his wrist.

"baby, i'll take care of it." jisung caressed minho's knuckles with the pads of his fingers.

"no, sweetie, don't worry about it. you need to rest." minho placed a kiss on jisung's cheek and tried to leave his grip, but the younger held tighter.

"no, minho, you need to rest." minho looked at him with a confused expression, waiting for jisung to elaborate.

"you put so much effort into this relationship that it feels like i'm using you, let me return the favour. let me take care of you." jisung squeezed minho's hand and led him over to the living room.

jisung lay minho down in his lap and brought a hand up to his hair, running his hands through it and massaging his head. minho hummed in satisfaction.

the younger leant down and peppered kisses onto minho's face making the boy giggle as jisung's lips felt ticklish against his skin.

their lips slowly connected in a sweet kiss before jisung pulled away, much to minho's dismay.

"you deserve to receive the love you give, you know." jisung spoke softly, pushing minho's hair back and looked him in the eyes.

he carried on massaging the boys head as he was doing before.

"you deserve to be loved. you deserve to be taken care of. you don't have to carry all the weight. give some to me, that's why i'm here." jisung kissed minho's forehead before he carried on speaking.

"you're allowed to take breaks and you're allowed to talk about what's on your mind. i'm always here, i'm always willing to listen to a complaint, or two, or three, or a hundred. you do not have to be alone because you're not alone. you aren't weak, you're so brave and so strong. you are enough." he glanced in minho's eyes and noticed the older struggling to hold back tears.

he wipe away a stray tear that managed to break free from his eyes and kissed his cheeks, "and it's always okay to cry."

and with that, minho let go. a strangled sob escaped his lips and the tears cascaded down his face like a waterfall.

jisung slowly sat him up and then immediately took the trembling boy in his arms. he kissed his hair and drew circles in his back as minho buried his face into the crook of jisung's neck, gathering his shirt fabric into his fists.

"you always take care of me when i cry and a relationship is a two way thing, you have to let me help you sometimes, okay?" minho nodded, his hair brushing against jisung's skin, tickling it.

the sobs soon turned to sniffles and minho pulled away gently, gazing into the eyes of jisung who was softly smiling at him.

"you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." minho whispered as he wiped the stray tears away, a grin plastered on his face.

"you're also the best thing that's ever happened to me."

minho yawned and stretched his back.

"tired, baby?" minho nodded and jisung patted his head making him pout like a little boy who'd been told 'no' to candy.

jisung giggled and kissed the pout away causing a soft smile on minho's features.

the two boys made their way upstairs, clambering into bed after completing their night routine.

minho snuggled against jisung's chest, wrapping his arms around the youngers waist and tangling their legs together. jisung placed a lingering kiss on minho's head and wrapped his arms around the older's neck, pulling him closer.

"i love you minho, please don't forget that."

"i love you too jisung, i won't forget it."

A//N: i'm back from the dead 😜

so much has happened omg, minsung instagram accounts, 4th fan meeting basically being gay pride and all the minsung content 🤭

this took so long to write because i got my nails done so expect super slow updates over easter until they come off, after that, normal updates!!

ALSO 100K?!! THANK YOU!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO INCREDIBLY MUCH!! 🩷🩷

you are enough!!

love u 💕