Character 2-6

I am the second oldest in my year and I am proud of it. Anyway, I should be the oldest because I am way more popular than that other person. I can't even remember his name whilst every other person in the year knows my name. I am besties with the most popular girl in my year which is everyone's dream. I have known Lucy for almost my whole life and I see her every day since we have always lived close together on this nice, quiet street.
"Tal, come over here we need to talk!"
"What's wrong Luc?"
"I have something to tell you but it will need to be in private I don't want anyone else to hear."
Oh, of course, Luc." I wonder what could be wrong or is she just wanting to gossip with me about some deep stuff which could cause trouble. I may as well wait until we get somewhere she deems as private. I follow her behind these stairs where I have only ever seen people come here and READ like seriously what's wrong with them. Who could possibly like reading that much.
"Tal you need to promise me you won't tell anyone else."

"I wouldn't say a thing if you don't want me to."

"You know, Tal I think I have a crush," She starts to blush and go all shy like I never really see her like this she must really like him. "Can you promise me you will leave him alone and let me do all the talking to him?"

"Sure, but you have to do something for me first Luc."

"W..what?" she looks surprisingly at me.

"Tell me who the lucky guy is." She goes red all over and I think she feels it. The embarrassment of her realising she didn't tell me who he is.

"Ah. I forgot that might be important. I was surprised when you asked for something because you were always fair and still all," I can tell she is stalling but I put my head I a carry-on position. "You know Justy from 2 years above us."

"Justy?" Wow Lucy, of course, you change his name. "You too will look really cute together." I smile to try and hide my disappointment. I have known him before I meet Luc, but I moved schools and I thought I would never see him again. I know Luc doesn't deserve him.

RING RING!

One thing I have learnt about being popular you must be late for registration. We both go our separate ways. It is really sad, but it means I can breathe a bit. The reason we go different ways is since we aren't in the class for the first time for... A long time.

I only see Lucy at break and lunch and maybe we might cross paths to our lessons. I go through the door to the form room I have for this year and notice the teacher is actually not here meaning I am not late for the first time in a very long time. I go sit down in my normal seat next to a girl called Ellie. I think she was at my old school, but I can't remember. She is one of those people who are likely to go under the stairs and read. This is the first time the teacher isn't here, and I am, so I feel the need to start a conversation with her. I can tell she feels the same way.

"What book are you reading at the moment?" I the only thing I can think to ask her. She looks up from her hands and seems to be surprised by my question.

"Me? oh, err this book called Gangster Grandad by Williams Davison," I nod up and down as I pretend I have heard of it before. "Are you reading anything or is Lucy saying It's not cool still." She catches me off guard with that question.

"What do you mean?" I say as my mind went completely blank with what I am supposed to say.

"She used to be my friend but then she said I couldn't read so I ended up not being her friend," She rubs her elbow and it makes me feel sorry for her. "She bullied me. The only reason she stopped was because she meet you and probably felt that you wouldn't like her if you knew she bullied me." I feel super bad for her now. Lucy was right I wouldn't have liked her if I knew she was a bully, but she is still my best friend.

"How do I know that you're not lying!" I say a little bit too loud. I glanced around and luckily no one noticed. "You could be just saying that to break up our relationship, so you can be her or my friend," I say as a hiss just as the teacher walks in, so she can't say anything about it.