The Meeting-33

Sarah's Pov

Like usual I was the first one to arrive. I know I was the first one in the library, but that's because I had a lesson on the other side of the school. Justin's was in that building and was just upstairs. A shame we weren't that lucky this time. He said he had Computer science. It was a good lesson if we were going to meet in the library, which we aren't. I sit on the bench pondering. After I finished my homework Taliah didn't text back after her meal, it left me wondering if she got the message that we were going to meet in the quad. I got quite lonely last night because Justin had to leave since his brother was getting suspicious of him texting someone.

"Hey, Sarah!" Said a timid voice behind me. It still surprised me. It always did when someone said my name without me telling them just before and I hadn't told anyone my name in the last two minutes. I was to busy in my own mind to be paying attention that Taliah had snuck up on me. "Are we Just waiting for Justin?"

"Yeah. To be honest I'm not surprised." 

"Oh, is he normally late?"

"Well, I don't know him well enough to really tell you that, but he was on the other side of school." We sit in silence for a bit not knowing what to say.

"HELLO!" As soon as I heard his voice I knew it was Justin. I also, subconsciously, looked around to see if anyone immediately looked up to see who that was. It was only these two girls who looked like they were in a deep conversation until Justin came and Taliah.

"You're quite loud." Taliah states

"I'm-" I don't let Justin finish defending himself.

"Yes, you are," I say to him. He then mutters something and looking at Taliah she didn't hear it either.  "what did you do to your brother?"

"Oh, I'm a ninja." I hear Taliah to my left stifle her laugh "WHAT? I am." He looks at us sulking. Which quickly changes proving he really wasn't actually offended. "Do you think I should tell my brother?"

"About what?" Taliah says naively. Justin looks at her with those really? eyes.

"You know... About you two." 

"Wait, your brother already knows about you?" I ask probably a bit too surprised.

"Yeah... Well, he is my brother, AND he knows that someone at this school is like me because he saw you, Sarah." He says nicely. I'm surprised he didn't do it in an accusing tone. I actually forgot about that time. That's how he recognized me.

"I think I missed something," Taliah says. I seem to be forgetting a lot of things today. Taliah wasn't with the twins when they saw me. "It doesn't matter what it was, but I would like to be included."

"You guys never answered my question," Justin whined, "Should I tell my brother?"

"No!" was Taliah's simple response. "I think you can tell him that you meet us but not that we are like you and stuff."

"Ok thank you," Justin says relieved for an answer

"Well at least not yet you shouldn't." It might be a good idea to tell him when Taliah and I can trust him. It could also be a bad idea to tell him at all because it could get Joseph in trouble that could easily be avoided.

"Anyways I probably have to find my Brother now bye!"

Taliah and I both watch him leave back the way I believe he came from.

"I should probably be going as well." Says Taliah I smile and wave but say nothing. Something is wrong with me I can never bring my self to say bye to anyone close up. Well, I can sometimes but I find it a lot harder when I'm with at least two or more people that all have to leave but me.

I start walking to the library that's on the other side of the school because I have a free period. My pace is slow. To my left, there's a vending machine and water fountain. I see two groups. One group of around 5 girls. The other 3 boys. They are as far about as they can in that corridor and still be able to use the fountain and not be pressed against the wall. To my right is the double doors that lead to the maths corridor. THe world like doing this to me because just then two girls come out the maths corridor laughing and joking.

On the rest of the walk, I keep my head down not wanting to be hurt by coincidences any more than I have to. I don't understand this. Why does the world have to be so cruel to few people and not everyone?