Justin-26

It is so close to the end of school. This is the most boring lesson EVER existing especially without my brother now we can't trick our Dad. So many people have asked why I wasn't in and why my brother still isn't in. DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND I am not going to tell them. Sarah said that the person we're meeting with will be in the library after school. I definitely have not checked my phone and that's definitely not against the school rules to go on your phone during school hours... oh well.

Can't time speed up I don't like writing essays there boring. 

BRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRR

Why is someone calling the school phone in here causing it to ring? It never rings in any lesson. Everyone is facing the front now, I guess no one likes doing an essay. Actually thinking about it does anyone? I don't want that answered someone is bound to be crazy and like doing essays against their will. 

"Ok," My dad quickly glances up and motions for everyone to carry one their work. I sigh and do because I don't want a repeat of last time when me and Joseph did something he didn't want us to do. "I'll tell him now." Who? "Ok thank you." He hung up the phone and waited for a few seconds what for I don't really care about until he says my name "Justin can you come out for a minute?" ME! Why ME? If this has anything to do with me being in trouble I won't be happy. I stand up. On a normal day, I wouldn't listen but I ain't doing an essay when it can be avoided.

When I get out of the classroom and the door closes behind him I say. "Why do you need to speak to me?"

"Your very impatient Justin! I was just about to tell you." I did that obviously to take longer. "Joseph has woken and you can see him after school." I freeze at last my brother is ok and I won't be alone in school.

"How long? How long has he been awake?" I say still dumbfounded.

"Few minutes they said. After I dismiss everyone and no one is left in the classroom we can go." He heads to the handle just as I remembered I was meeting Sarah and the other girl.

"Wait!" I tell my father just as he was heading to grab the door handle. "I need to go to the library." He looks at me quizzically probably because I never want to go to the library, but to my luck, he didn't question it and just nods and walks into the classroom me following acting like nothing important happened. WHICH WOULD BE UNDERESTIMATING IT! It was more than just important.

Ring Ring

The bell for the end of school goes off.

"Alright, class you worked well today. Now have a good evening and bye." My dad said. After he said that there were a few murmurs of "You too", "Thank you" and "Bye". I pack all my stuff as quick as possible, which wasn't actually unusual because I do that and stand at Joseph's seat for him to hurry up. I dash out of the classroom because there wasn't a Joseph slowing me down. I turn a corner and crashed into this girl with light brown hair with hints of blonde pulled up in a ponytail. She looks at me like we have seen each other.

"Sorry 'bout that," I say and move to carry on my mission but she grabs my sleeve stopping me. "Do I know you?" 

It's him! It's him! I can't believe this. He's speaking to me. Ok, ok. Calm down Luc, calm down.

"Oh, sorry. I think it was more my fault than yours." Can she just hurry up I need to be somewhere. "Are you Justin." I am not having a conversation with this obvious lunatic.

"No. I'm Joseph his brother. Justin left already. If yo-." I was about to offer giving myself a small message but she's rude and cuts me off with:

"Urgh, it's fine just leave me alone." and storms off. Mental note: AVOID CRAZY LADY AT ALL COST! I carry on my mission to get to Sarah who is most likely waiting for me. I enter the library and go to the table Sarah said to meet at. Surprisingly I am first. I sit there tapping my foot for what feels like months but was just seconds before Sarah appeared.

"What excuse do you have?" I say in an annoyed voice even though I don't mean it.

"Sorry. It took longer than I thought." She says gasping for air obviously after running. "Do you have somewhere else to be?"

"Yes, actually I do." I say in quite a loud voice which I change to a whisper when I say: "I might be able to see my brother!"

"Oh right! I guess you want to keep this quick?" I nod in response. Over Sarah's shoulder, I spot a girl with long black hair looking nervously around.

"Why does she look so nervous?" I ask Sarah quietly. Sarah stands up and heads in that direction to act discreetly until she realised who I meant was the person we were waiting for. I watch Sarah slowly guide her in the direction of the table she was just at.

She sits down opposite me and smiles.

"Hi! I'm Tal," she says whilst Sarah sits down next to her.

"Hey, I am Justin much better than my twin brother!" I say and wink at her. 

"If we're talking about what we are better than I am much better than my little sister." I sigh at that.

"Don't even get me started about Daisy," I say remembering what she did to me. "I am sorry I need to keep this short, just... I need to go to do something. It's a family matter. Bye Sarah. Bye Tal." I say and wave them goodbye.

"Do you want my number?" She says just before I leave. "For... Urm... you know planning another meeting." 

I should have just let him leave. Oh god, my face is getting hot.

I smile at that as her face changed from a pale white to a bright scarlet red.

"Sure! I know what you mean." I walked back up to them and we exchange numbers and then I left.

I run up to my dad's car to see where he's waiting and jump in the passenger side.

"You took a long time." My father says stating a fact.

"Yeah, I had to wait for something." I should have just said I couldn't find something now he's going to ask even more questions.

"What exactly?" Great that was what I feared he would say.

"Urm... for the queue in the library to die down at the desk." I say trying not to fidget because I think he knows I do that when I lie. "but I still didn't finish what I was doing I just didn't want to leave you and Joseph waiting." I refer to Joseph as if he is right here not a few miles away. I added the last part because he was bound to ask what I needed to get from the library and show him. That's where our conversation ends with him nodding his head.