Character 5-10

I take the school bus even though I know that the public bus is quicker and does less of a detour, but the truth is I don't want to get home at the same time as my neighbours as they have kids and finish at roughly the same time as me. From the moment I got off the school bus to walk home, I felt a blast of wind which caused me to stop and laugh for once in my life. Suddenly, out of nowhere, an ambulance came whirring down the road in the direction, I was heading to get home. I started to worry something had happened to my parents and they were heading to my house but just as I was going to sprint off I remembered my parents had gone on their honeymoon after they got married two weekends ago and have been gone since. They say they will be back by next weekend. I turn the corner to get onto my street to see the ambulance has parked right outside my neighbours' house. When I spot this my pace unknowingly starts to slow down. I see a woman I assume is a paramedic with the clothing with a blonde ponytail carrying one of the twins who live next door.

As I started to just about to get to my house, I say another paramedic leave their house he was followed by the other twin but there was a big gap between the two of them, which got my mind to wander off a bit. I didn't notice I had stopped until he locked gaze with me. It took me by shock someone actually saw me, I turned my head to see if anyone was there which was probably a mistake because now he will think I am really weird. I turn back around now I know he is looking at me I decided to say something

"So urm... Is it ok if I err... Ask what happened?" After that left my mouth I felt like face-planting.

"Your..." So, he isn't the master at speaking either. Wait, why is he walking towards me? He grabbed my blazer "come I need to ask you something in private." That got my heart thumping wildly and felt like it would burst out of my chest. I could tell he was looking for somewhere private, so I decided to point out I was his neighbour.

"My parents are away, and I leave next door to you." He looks at me then at the house still not saying a word and walks up to my door as I get out my keys and open the door.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you not to bring a stranger into your house?" I thought he might ask that question, so I prepared the perfect response for it.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you not to go into a stranger's house?" I can tell he was going to say something, but I think he felt like it was better otherwise. I open the door and he closed it quickly behind us. "So ... not many people want to ever talk to me and err... you wanted to speak to me?"

"You're that person my brother and I saw," He says as a state, but I honestly am surprised he saw me which made me wonder when. Luckily, he explained to me. "You disappeared right in front of me," Oh no... Why then? He could have seen me at any time but then. I know it was foolish. Come on. Come on Sarah pretend you think he is bonkers I was about to open my mouth but then he decided to speak "I forgot I should have told you I could read your mind." He decides to state now like everyone was capable of that.

"Oh..." Is the only word that could escape my mouth. Suddenly the realization hit me like a meteor. "Wait! You're-" he decided to cut me short with:

"I am not normal and capable of things no one else is like you," He looked down at his feet but then answered my previously asked. "My brother fell and ended up unconscious. What's your name?" I was slightly tempted to responded with Ghost but decided to give my real name.

"Sarah."

"Justin," He said as he outstretched his hand to me. "I should probably see if they want to talk to me now. So, Sarah see you in school or at home." He winked at me earning me to roll my eyes at him.

"Bye!" I say as I wave goodbye to him. As soon as he leaves I blow out the breath I didn't know I was holding and crash onto the sofa. That was a close one I was so lucky he was like me. That now got my mind racing how many people are like us.