I Don't Think I Could Feel Safer-99

Joseph's Pov

I wake up in a foggy mood. There was something over my mouth and I was in someone's arms. I felt someone on my forehead, I guessed it was that person's forehead. It was very quiet. In fact, the only sound seemed to come from the one holding me. The words were lyrics or at least sung like lyrics to songs. They were whispered into my face softly. It was calming. I felt I could stay there forever. Eventually fighting the urge to sleep I opened my eyes no matter how hard it was.

His eyes were closed and his face was relaxed. I slowly and discreetly took off the weird mask I had over my nose and mouth. I couldn't help it. I had to. With his forehead still on mine and his lips still humming. I placed my lips on his interrupting his singing. By this point, I had given up keeping my eyes open. I just kissed him on the lips briefly before returning to my previous position in his arms. He didn't start singing again after I disturbed him. I guess he's probably a bit shocked. I heard I bit of what could be a half laugh half sigh. The mask thing was moved back over my nose and mouth. He tapped it twice probably to tell me it's important for me to keep it on. He then starts singing again in his calming manner. This time though I paid more attention to the words. To find out they weren't really words. They were more just little sounds. I guess he's just mouthing stuff to create the different sounds. They all were whispered sounds. I wonder if he could speak as long as he was whispering or if the only sounds he could make was in a whispering way. I squinted my eyes open to focus on him. He had his eyes closed and I realized his mouth wasn't really moving. That's odd.

My eyes were just too heavy to fight the urge to keep them open more than a few seconds but I didn't need them open anyway. I felt his breathing in my ear. I still heard his humming and sounds in a collection of word-like structures but now I knew they weren't actually words.

I felt cold fingers on my forehead in place of Ez's warm forehead. I couldn't really mind. I felt safe in his arms. I feel as long as he was there I would go along. Probably not for the best. He might not have helped when those people came in but at least he's here now. That's all I can ask. The fogginess returns, I feel like I'm getting lost in it. Well, maybe I am but I don't mind. I have Ez. Why do I trust him so much? I shouldn't care about that. Actually maybe I should. Oh well