Justin-11

I walk back up to the ambulance and knock on the door. I hear people inside, but they probably don't want me inside. I start to walk into my house but freeze when I get in the doorway when I see my dad the memories of what happened came flooding back. I ended up backtracking and I walked back out of the door back outside.

"Sir we would like to talk to you know. Is that ok?" I quickly spin around, and I hesitated after she said that. 

"Yeah. Yeah sure." I walk into the ambulance and see my brother is still lying there motionless. "Will he be ok?" I ask a bit louder than last time.

"He should be just fine. Please, can you sit in that chair and leave your brother alone." I would have gone closer to him, but I saw the other paramedic glaring at me, so I decided it was a good idea to listen to her. "So, what is your name? I am Zara and that is Miles."

"I am Justin," I say then I realise they also want my brother's name, so I carry on. "That is Joseph," I say pointing to his unconscious body.

"There nice names. Could he tell me a bit about what happened to your brother?" My mind starts to race with Ideas of excuses.

"My brother and I were just running around, and we got really hot, so I asked my dad if we could have ice-cream. Our dad said yes, and I asked Joseph if he could get me one since all the ice-creams we like were downstairs in the basement. He said fine but when he was going to go down he misplaced his step with a thud. When I heard that I asked if he was ok when he didn't respond. I said louder just thinking he hadn't heard the first time. When again he didn't respond I ran down nearly falling for myself. Then what happened, happened." They look at me with those eyes which made me want to sink into the chair because they knew I had lied to them. When they finally broke the silence, it was Miles who spoke first.

"How did you get dust all over yourself," I was about to respond but then he just said. "Never mind. Take off your Jumper let us see your arms." I did as he said and only then realised how many cuts I had. When they saw this that is when Zara spoke.

"How did that happen if you didn't fall?" She said as she examined the cuts and scratches. "They are all fresh."

"When I rushed down to see if my brother was ok I." That was the only response I had to that. Zara sighed got out some bandages and wrapped it around my arms.

"There we go!" she said, "Did you get any on your legs." I look at her as if I would actually know that, so I just decided to show them my legs by pulling up my trouser legs. I realised that was a mistake because now they're going to question a scar I have.

"What happened there?" He asked pointing to my scar on my right leg.

"Let me see." Says Zara and as she says that I show her. 

"I-" I was about to respond but Miles cut me off.

"You fell down a basement?" I saw Zara look at him trying to get him to be nicer, but Miles is just oblivious to it.

"No, actually. When my little sister learnt to walk she came into mine and Joseph's room with a knife and cut me." I say calmly as they look at me if I was talking a foreign language to them. I was sleeping when she did it, but I decided not to add to their confusion. I heard a car park outside. Great mom's home and going to blame me that her favourite son is unconscious. I hear my sister just blabbering away. That was when Miles and Zara come back to earth. Zara poked out her head out.

"Are you the mother of these two boys?" Zara says I bet my mom wanted to say just one of us were.

"Yes?" She asked in a worried tone even if she is only worried about Joseph. "What happened?"  This is when Miles jumped into the conversation.

"Your husband and son say that Joseph fell into the basement." 

"I don't think that is true." My mom says accusingly, and I know she is going to make it my fault. To be perfectly honest I don't think Miles and Zara think it is a perfect truth and what actually happened. "Justin you had something to do with it!" Here we go again I think as I try to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"What do you mean?" Zara asked as my mom come in which they let happen because she is my mom sadly. 

"You probably got in another fight with Joseph," Which isn't true because we don't do any physical fights. Just arguments. "And then pushed him into the basement. Which my husband probably wanted to see who would win so he didn't say to stop, and he doesn't want to get dragged in." I see Miles thinking about it as if it was any sort of truth in it. Of course, she had to add in "Why did you have to do this again." Acts if I have done it before, classic mom move, making me sound violent and worse than I actually am.

"So, he has done this before," Zara says and I can tell there is a hint of disgust in her voice. 

"Yes, just not leaving his brother unconscious so we didn't call the ambulance." I decided the only way I am not going to get blamed for this was to use the sour move.

"How about we wait for Joseph to wake up." They look at me as if I appeared out of thin air.

"Your brother would take your side."

For some reason.

I look at her. I was tempted to say maybe it was because he doesn't hate me for doing nothing like you. I would have but then she will get suspicious of why or how I answered the thought she had.