Taliah-18

Oh god. Oh god oh god. I crawl to the back corner. Did I just do that I thought? I... I thought I... What? I watch the girl through the wall she seems to be as shocked as me. I hope she won't remember me or tell anyone. She must think that her mind is playing tricks on her. Oh good, she's going. wait she stopped. Why is she coming back to the door? Is she planning on breaking it down or something?

Suddenly she just disappears in front of my eyes. Then reappears on the other side of the classroom.

"Don't go!" I was too shocked to move. Did she just. Wait what happened. I think my confusion registered on my face because she came closer and tried to comfort my confusion. "Don't worry, nothing will happen, and I can explain everything, but we probably don't want to be in here, because people will wonder why and how we got into a locked room." I wanted to say something, but nothing came out my mouth.

"Breathe in and out you will be fine." I did as she said then asked

"What happened?"

"You went through the wal-" I cut her off with my three-lettered question.

"How?" She seems surprised by my question and shrugs in response. "How come I could see through objects then suddenly go through walls?"

"Well, have you ever tried going through a wall before?"

"No." I slowly say. Suddenly I came back to my full senses and quickly jump up and yell. "How do I know I can trust you!"

"I am like you!" I look at her, she steps back and places her hand flat on a desk furthest away from me in its set of three. I look back at her just to see her disappear into thin air. I gasp and when I do she reappears with her hand flat on the desk closest to me in the set of three.

"How many more are like us."

"I don't know but there are us and J-" She closes her mouth cutting herself short. "I think it is best for the moment I don't tell you I will ask them. What is your name?"

"Oh, did I not tell you I am Taliah. You?"

"Sarah. Can I ask you something?" I nod whilst wondering what it could possibly be about. "Why did you seem really upset standing outside that room and why weren't you in the room?"

"Well, the girl inside yelling is called Lucy. Yesterday somethings happened. First Lucy said she had a crush on someone I have met a long time ago and I know she doesn't deserve him. I am always late for registration and yesterday the teacher was later than me. I ended up having a conversation with this girl who sits next to me that I have never spoken to I started a conversation and it ended up with her say Lucy bullied her before I moved to that school. I don't know if I should just pretend I never talked to Ellie and help Lucy get him or just avoid both of them and find new friends or be friends with Ellie." I hope Sarah doesn't think I am needy. I don't know why but his is know the second person I have talked to about this. First the girl at the beach now this girl who's like me.

"I understand relationships can be hard. if you ever get a choice I cannot stress it enough be with someone who makes you happy. If they always bring you down tell them, if they don't change say you are no longer wanting to be friends. Choose the option that makes you happy." I don't know what to say anymore.

"I think anyone who is your friend is lucky," I say meaning good, but her face suddenly darkens. She herself must have problems making friends or something I wish I had known that before saying that. "You're right we need to go before someone comes in." I point to the room next to us where Lucy isn't screeching.

"That room is empty and might be unlocked." Sarah follows behind me. I wonder what she could be thinking. Why is she suddenly so quiet? I walk through. The feeling I get is so natural it feels good. I walk in and try the door it is locked. I am never going to get out without someone seeing me go through a wall. I started walking to the back of the classroom wondering how to get out with no one noticing. Suddenly there was a click I spun around as humanly possible. No one was there.

"Sorry if I scared you." I turn straight to the voice to find it was only Sarah. "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to scare you either time." I breathe in and out trying to act like everything was fine, because if anyone did the 'extremely' funny joke and asks me if I saw a ghost I will kill them. I noticed Lucy had stopped yelling meaning I should go.

"I better get going before Lucy gets mad."

"Remember what I said." I hear Sarah call after me. I saw Lucy grumpily leaving the classroom. I pretended I was always standing as far as I am from her the whole time. When she walked past me the only thing I got was a murmur and when she must have realised I didn't understand what she said: "We're going to lunch now."