Is it possible to trust?-89

Joseph's Pov

She swiped the card at the door with her other hand half stroking my neck with it still firmly on my left shoulder. I felt quite uncomfortable but she pushes me into this room. It seemed...normal enough. There was a bed, a cupboard and a mirror above the cupboard. Also, an empty what could be a bookcase. That's when I catch sight of myself in the mirror. I think I can guess why she stopped me. I realize I have blood on the side of my face. I guess my adrenaline was too high for me to feel it. She finally lets go of my shoulder. She walks over to the mirror and opens the cupboard below. I see her pull out a black top, white shorts, turquoise socks and a matching bracelet.

I didn't feel in any danger at all. I felt unusually calm. The calmness almost made me uncomfortable and on high alert. She grabs the clothes on the floor and motions me towards her. That's when I realized what I'd thought was a bookcase was actually a door. When she had opened it she turned back. I'm guessing to check I was still following her.

When I get to the door I get hit with a lemon scent. Which is when I get introduced with the lack of smell of the last few days. She motions me through the door and closes it behind her. Inside I see a decent sized bathroom. That's when I feel my stomach rumble. It made me aware of the emptiness inside me and the hunger pain I hadn't realized was there. She pushed the clothes into my arms then pointed to another door, this time it looked a lot more like a door. I'm guessing she wants me to get changed, which I'll happily do. I've not changed clothes for quite a long time. I wasn't quite sure why she had picked the colour turquoise not until I took off my hat then looked at and saw that my cap had some turquoise on in a circle. That makes a lot of sense now. I took all my clothes off except my underpants. I could still hear the girl outside the room moving around. It sounded like she was opening and closing a lot of draws which kind of made me worried but I didn't feel that worried or worried...at all. I put on the shorts and the shirt, they weren't too small or big. They seemed to fit really well. Well, maybe it was a bit big but that probably wasn't visible and it didn't feel that big. I put the bracelet around my right wrist and put on the shoes I was wearing back on over the socks she gave me.

I walked out of that little room where if I tried I could've touched every wall. When I walk out I see a table where if you where sat on the floor it would be at the right height to sit at. She sat down on the floor at the side far from where I was. She motioned me to sit opposite and I did. There were many different...erm, tools? They might've been tools. I wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to do with any of the things. All I could hope for was the best, which was difficult, all my mind wanted to do was think that she was going to torture me.

"Trust me." It was the first word I'd heard her say. I had just guessed everyone her didn't speak except those highest in the hierarchy, like that woman who wasn't very nice to Ezrayl. Maybe that is the case maybe that's why she only whispered in a tiny voice. Maybe they weren't allowed to talk. That would explain why Ezrayl told me not to speak even if I could.

I wonder if the red lights are still flashing. Why did my mind go to that all of a sudden?

She had picked up a swiss army knife and took out the blade. That's when I questioned if I should listen to her. I didn't know whether she was crazy or not. She took my face in her right hand and pushed my top lip up and my bottom lip down, but like when I had my coughing fit sometime ago it wouldn't open any wider. It was like a thread. That's when I realized why she had gotten out the army knife. It was to cut the thread. Well, that's what I hoped. She brought her left hand with the army knife in it closer to my mouth. It was steady and I knew I had to trust her. Like Ezrayl. They know this place. I don't.

I tried to help by opening my mouth as much as I could with my mouth sowed close. I heard each piece of thread bounce free of the strain as she cut them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 done. I could open my mouth and it was free. Quickly after doing that when I was going to stroke my lips, glad that I could open them, she put her finger to my lips. It was like to reinforce my theory from before. Then she tried to open my mouth as wide as possible with her two fingers. I didn't fight it. She knew what she was doing and it's not like anything she could do at this table would be as bad as what happened before I came here.

She started feeling the top of my lip with her fingers and she grabbed something but I couldn't feel what she had grabbed a hold of. I didn't know when but she had picked the army knife back up. I felt the knife on my top lip. I could feel she was holding something which wasn't part of my lip. When she started sawing at the skin between something not meant to be there and behind my top lip.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. I tried not to scream since people here don't seem to like to talk and people might hear me. When she did take her knife and hand out of my mouth she was holding something but that wasn't my biggest worry, even though I should probably be worried, about how that got there. My biggest problem was all the blood which was flowing into my mouth and the pain which still lingered there.

She put a cotton bud in my mouth to act as a dam to prevent the blood. Whilst with one hand she was holding the cotton bud the other was feeling the inside of my mouth. I grab her wrist for a bit of comfort in the pain I was in.

She touched something in my mouth which sent a sudden jolt of pain. She noticed. Most people would've avoided it but she's didn't. She decided to go back there. It still hurt but it wasn't as bad as the first time. The pain did still come in jolts but it was bearable. I've been through worst.

She trapped the cotton bud between my teeth and top lip. Again, she took the army knife and she found the painful spot and cut something. The sudden pain was nearly as bad as when the hot knife touched my sweating skin. There wasn't as much blood from that as the other cut. I was glad. I did not need my mouth flooded with blood. Is it possible to drown in your own blood that your mouth produces? Well, it is possible to choke on your own sick.

...