Taliah-27

That was embarrassing. I can't ask for any numbers like EVER again.

"Hey," Sarah whispers next to my ear."If it makes you feel any better he can read our mind." I stare at her to see if she is kidding or not but I can tell by her look that that is the truth. Doesn't matter how much worse the situation was. I sigh.

"How do you know that?" I say to her through my hand trying to cover up my embarrassment. It isn't helping that Sarah's giggling away in my right ear. "Do you think he was listening when I was talking to him." I try to say cryptically so people who are listening to our conversation will just think it's a normal conversation...between a second and sixth year... that isn't normal...is it?

"When do your parents want you home Sarah?" I say to see how long we can talk for.

"They're away so they wouldn't know if I didn't return till past midnight or something ridiculous like that." She pauses for a moment probably thinking of what to say next. "What's funny is I barely know you yet I trust you more than my friend I have known for a long time."

"I have that too. I feel like you and Justin are my only true friends. I don't even know if I am friends with Justin."

"I am sure he is down to have a new friend. I think we trust each other because," she stops for a moment and looks around. Then she leans in and whispers. "we are like each other. We have never shared this secret with anyone. We haven't even shared it with our parents. We aren't like others. We Need To Tell Someone And Be Able To Trust Them."

I think over what she had said and realized it was true. We could've told our parents but something inside of me told me not to tell my Mum and Dad. I believe that's the same with Sarah.

"When do you need to leave?" Sarah questions probably trying to fill in my thinking space. Well, probably more the silence it left.

"My parents should come to pick me up at 5."

"Can I ask why?" She says in a soft voice. I could avoid the question and I know that she won't ask again since she was wondering if she could. Sarah is very polite I've noticed that, but I still felt I had to tell her the truth. At least half the truth.

"My sister does this thing and I either need to be out at 4:30 or wait till 5."

"Oh. Right, we don't even finish school till 4:50," she says stating the obvious. "You didn't really get a choice did you?"

"No. Come I think we should leave this place," I pause thinking about what to say "Scares me." I try not to look at her after I say that because she'll have a lot of questions.