Fifi-9

When I got home I went straight to the beach to see the waves and the sunset. I brought along my ocarina as well as the book with the music in. I found I nice song reminding me of the waves coming up and down. I managed to learn off by heart and played it with my eyes closed as I listened to the sound it made and the waves. I was so focused on those two sounds I didn't hear someone approach from behind.

"That sounds really nice!" She took me by surprised making me stop instantly and in alarm making my eyes open. "Sorry I didn't want to scare you." I stared at her. That was all I could do. She had hair as pure black as the midnight sky with a new moon. Her smile was filled with care and genuine happiness. This was the first time someone came up to me when there wasn't someone near me who knew I was mute...

"You don't like to talk?" Actually, I don't talk what so ever. "Well, my name is Taliah." she outstretched her hand to shake my hand and I took it. I walked down to the sand and motioned her to follow. I went down onto my knees and wrote in the sand "my name's Fifi"

"Fifi is a really nice name! Your playing was amazing, but I don't recognise the instrument what is it?" In the sand again I wrote, "It is called an Ocarina" and "I really like your hair" There was a little pause for when she read it but then she replied with.

"Aww! Thanks so much that's really nice of you!" Now my turn to ask her the questions. "Why are you here and why are you talking to me?"

"Well, I needed to think about what someone told me. They said my best friend was a bully but..." She sighed but then resumed. "I don't know if they were lying to break my relationship or if she was genuine." I can already see the pain this is breaking her slowly but surely. "I think she was telling the truth but I... I just... I just don't know." I try to comfort her by replying in the sand "You just don't want to believe she would do such a thing" She nodded to confirm what I had written. She sighed again then left. I hope she makes the right choice. I climbed up to my rock. I stood there for a bit staring out at the ocean. I felt the wind blow my skirt to my left side with my hair behind my head and under my chin. I saw as the sun went to bed for tonight. I waited longer than I normally do then suddenly I felt my tummy rumble breaking my trance making me carry on heading home for dinner. I knew today wasn't a day I was going to forget easily.