What's Your Name?-63

Joseph's Pov
My eyes where open. I don't remember when they opened. I was in a room, I think, but there was a fire. Someone was sat at the other side of the fire. He didn't look much older than me. I'm assuming it's the person who was carrying me earlier. But it might not be.

I sit up. His eyes rises from snapping and throwing branches into the fire as I rise. Are eyes made contact but neither of us spoke. I felt like I still couldn't. Like earlier. I felt my top lip. It did nothing. The teen stood up and came closer. Stood up he looks a lot taller than I thought he was. He doesn't say a word. Neither do I. I don't think I could speak even if I wanted to.

I kneels down beside me so his face is in mine. As I feel my heart rate quicken he points to his lips. It made me confused. After he realized I didn't understand he went up and got something. He had his back to me but my heartbeat still wouldn't slow. I heard the squeaking of a white board pen.

When he turned round I saw he had written something. Squinting my eyes I slowly worked out what it said in the flame light. "Can you speak? If you can don't just nod"
I shake my head I can't. I can't open my mouth. I point to my mouth. He offered me the board and pen so I took it and rubbed of what he wrote. I write my response and a question in return. "I can't open my mouth why shouldn't I talk?"
He just shakes his head at what I wrote. Answering my question to him seems to be a bad idea. But why?

He comes closer to me again and looks at something on my head. He moves my hair and looks at his hand. Oh. His hand has blood on. My head must be bleeding. Wait...what's his name? I reach for the board when he does. Our hands meet both reaching for the board. I look at him he looks at me. I immediately pull back my hand to let him do what he was going to do with it.
He stares at me in my eyes. I want to break this eye contact but it's to difficult. Finally he does and starts writing on the board.
"My names Ezrayl What about you?"
Wait did he read my mind like Justin does all the time? I was just about to ask him that. I reach to take the board from him. He seemed to momentarily be in a trance. I was still sat on the floor he was crouched down on his legs.

After a minute or two he eventually shook his head and closed his eyes breaking out of the trance. He gave an apologetic smile and gave me the board.

What was that for? He didn't need to apologise and why did he go in a trance. Did a memory come back or something?

I just wrote my name on the board I have a feeling he won't give an answer about what just happened. He nodded at my name on the board and took it of me. He keeps looking over his shoulder at me then turning away.

Then I hear him let out a big sigh. That's when I realize how silent it is around me. If someone dropped a feather I think I'd be able to hear it.

He came over again and offered a hand. I took it. He tried to help me up. But I hadn't walked for a long time. So I just fell forward into him. I immediately push away out of instincts. I didn't think about what would happen. I was still unable to stand up and was about to fall over when he quickly pulled me back into an embrace. Probably not on purpose. I look up. His face is right in front of mine he's at least a head and a half taller than me. I want to mouth sorry but I feel paralysed in his arms.

If I met him at a different time a few weeks ago where I hadn't lost my voice I don't think I'd be able to say a word. His face, I feel like gets closer and closer, he's probably just looking at me to examine where it's bleeding. Maybe it's just to examine my face. I just want to lean in and place my lips on his. I feel my heart beating in my head. This time not from injuries. Instead my hearts probably knocking on my head to know if it's thinking straight because I know it's not.

I didn't think I'd fall for a guy not like this at least.