My Precious Crystal-62

Taliah's Pov

What time is it? I think whilst wiping the sleep from my eyes. I reach for my phone to check the time. It displays the at time 9:15 and the date Saturday 23rd October. Oh, Halloween...I should get up. 10 days till Halloween. I roll out of bed to wake myself up. One day I won't catch myself and end up actually falling off the bed. I guess that would wake me up more. I put on my dog slippers to prevent my feet from becoming icicles.

I go straight through my door to Crys's. I gently open it to see if she's sleeping. I tiptoe in the mystically lit room. I peer over a mountain of soft toys and see her resting there peacefully with her cuddly amber bear. I leave the room as quietly as I came in. I remain quite tiptoeing down the hall and down the stairs.

"Taliah," My mom sternly says starting off what could be a two-hour lecture. I had just come downstairs to eat breakfast not really talk."Your dad and I have agreed on something," she says motioning to Dad. It made my eyebrow raise because they agreed on something. She takes a deep breath and says: "We're going to get a divorce." The tiredness disappeared completely from those few words.

"What..." Was all I could say. I was in anger for them not letting me eat breakfast but now...now I'm in shock. First Luc now my family...

"We had decided a while ago but after what happened with Lucy we thought to give you some time." My Dad buts in. I don't say anything. I don't look at them. I slowly back away from where I came. I just want to run back up the stairs. I was in shock. How could they do this to me and Crys? Crys. My sweet little sister. My precious Crystal.