What's going on?-37

Fifi's Pov

I don't understand what happened. I believe I must have hit my head when I jumped in and went unconscious for a few minutes. When I woke up I thought I saw Justin but remembered his twin was coming to go swimming with me not Justin. Apparently, he found me at the bottom of the pool. How do I avoid his questions...that's when I noticed the clock had stopped working. Perfect.

I point at the clock.

"What about the clock?" I sigh when Joseph says that and resist the urge to facepalm.

It isn't working. When he finishes reading what I had written his face fell. It got me thinking does he have something to do with it.

"Maybe..." He hesitates, making my suspicions grow. "they turned it off." They wouldn't just turn it off. Would they? Something is wrong, but what? His suggestion though was stupid. It's like he asked if I'm an alien.

They never turn it off. I write to make it certain that they didn't turn it off. 

"Wait, why did you ignore my question?" Why did he have to remember? "What happened?"

No, you're ignoring my question! I write. What if we're both not wanting to answer the question the other person is asking. 

"Why did you ignore my question?" We both looked at each other alarmed and turned to where Brandon and the teacher were talking. It sounded like an echo of Joseph's voice but his lips didn't move and it sounded distant. It might have sounded distant but it also sounded like it was right next to me.

 I start walking to the double doors the teacher is at, whilst Joseph looks toward the emergency exit. What must've been the first time he turned around he yelled over: "Where're you going?"

I point to the door because I can't just MAGICALLY speak. He looks nervous that's when I realise they aren't speaking. I start sidestepping to my right where the changing rooms are. I go past the changing room to the other side of the swimming pool. That's when I noticed both corners we where in had frozen over. I didn't feel the cold and by the look on his face, he didn't either and still hasn't noticed the pool was now an ice rink, minus the middle.

Maybe we're ignoring each other's questions because we are afraid of what the other person would think...I decided to try my luck.

I can breathe underwater. What are you doing to the time and pool? I write

Joseph's Pov

She stares at me from across the pool when she realises they weren't talking. Slowly she sidestepped to by diagonally across me. My heart beats faster and faster. She stares a bit longer this time not at me but the pool. I don't dare to look because I don't want what happened in the hospital to happen here, but it probably has already. When she starts to write my heart goes crazy. I feel like my heart is about to jump out my chest at any moment now. It could say anything. She shows it but I can't see. She's on the other side of the pool. I start slowly edging my way closer to her.

"I can't see it!" I call over to her. She motions with her hand for me to come closer. I do and fall. Thud! Surprisingly I didn't fall into the water. Actually technically I did. Ice had been replaced for where the water once was. I look up at her to see her reaction. Nothing had changed she still stood there holding her notebook. When she notices I'm staring at her she tests her luck with the ice pool. It stays there barely affected by the added weight. That's when I see what she has written: I can breathe underwater. What are you doing to the time and pool?

"Oh, that makes sense. That's how you're alive." She nods at my statement. "I can freeze time. I guess I can also do something with ice... that's the most responsible explanation." I stop for a bit wondering if we should get off the ice. "I also think you can." 

She looks at me shocked. I can tell she doesn't believe me.

"It makes sense." She seems to consider those three words a lot more than I thought she would. CRACK! I feel and hear (quite clearly) that the ice is starting to fall under our feet. "Let's get off the ice." She quickly jumps up onto the edge, because unlike me she hadn't gone that far out.

We sit next to each other waiting for the ice to melt in silence. Then I got a genius idea. I picked up her notebook, she didn't object, I wrote down my number.

"I think we should meet sometime about...you know. Our powers." She nods at my suggestion clearly agreeing.

We then get into the pool and I unfreeze time pretending nothing happened. The teacher didn't say anything meaning she didn't notice. Which is perfect.