Justin-19

I hear some voices in the distance I couldn't quite fit them together, not like I tried.

BANG

"So, Justin." I thought the one good thing about what happened meant being able to sleep for however long I wanted. What does my dad even want?

"I wanted to tell you one thing." He asked it innocently. When the door was secured into place his attitude changed completely. "Why did you tell them?" He says with his mouth clenched hissing at me as he started to shake me.

"Err... Blame Mom she got the paramedics not to trust me." Sorry, Mom (not like I should care this is sort of your fault) I need a way for dad not to be angry at me.
"No, actually I blame your brother" That took me by shock why did he blame Joseph? "If he hadn't gone and done that."
I want to say something, but I feel he will snap if I say a single word.
"WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING!" He yelled in a menacing tone. Great speaking and staying quiet both get me in trouble. I try to speak but no words come out.
As he comes closer, I go further and further into the corner of the room. Suddenly he closes a 3 feet gap in less than a millisecond and grabs hold of my left arm. Right, where I was burnt, I try not to wince but as his grip gets firmer and more aggressive like a clamp secured on a table, I felt the searing pain. He started to hold me by just my sore arm. I think he would have thrown me if the door didn't burst open making him drop me. When I landed, I hit my head on the back wall my bed was leaning against in this cold and unforgiving place.
"Ian Deans, you aren't supposed to be in here. I think your son would like some peace and quiet." Only more than you could know was exactly what I felt like saying but decided against it and for good reasons.
"Oh, yeah sure." I can see on his face he is looking for an excuse somewhere in his mind. "I wanted to know if he was okay after what had happened to his brother." That is kind of a good excuse I have to give him that.
When my dad left I expected the woman that demanded my dad to leave as well but she didn't. She walked closer.
"Is there... anything unusual, should I put it, with your brother?" She said like she wasn't looking for the answer just for me to reveal more than she already knows. That is not happening!
His brother made his body stop and it started again 12 hours later. That is odd.
Wait, I slept for over 12 hours! Wow. That wasn't on purpose. Is she waiting for an answer? She probably is.
"What do you mean by that?" Let's hope she thinks nothing suspicious about it. I notice she is looking at something so I follow her gaze to me burnt arm which must have turned red due to the pressure of my father's grip. Still, she says nothing. The quiet gets almost unbearable as I start to fidget with whatever was closest to me.
"Has anything like this ever happened to your brother before?" Finally, she ended the horrible silence that came with playing arrogant.
"No. Not that I am aware." I say but I don't think it was the answer she was looking for.
"Okay. Well, your mom will drop your clothes here tonight because you have to go to school tomorrow." I sigh at the thought of going to school without my brother. "And," There's more? "You will be staying in here." I was going to ask her why but she just left. Told me facts and instructions but didn't say bye. I am disappointed in her. Luckily I hadn't quite shut down completely I overhear her telling whoever is guarding me, to no matter what that I don't leave and let anyone in. Why? The only question is why?