Don't Let This Happen-70

Joseph's Pov
I don't think either of us knows what to do. I shouldn't have done that. I sit there not doing much. There's not much to do. He's still throwing twigs in the fire. I still don't know where I am. Not much has changed since the last time I went over my life which was literally 10 seconds ago.

I was thinking about Justin when...lights come flooding into the room like a river comes in when doors open on a puddle.
"Ezrayl!" I hear a woman's voice shouting. She has a slight accent I can't quite place where. I squint against the light to see a woman silhouette stood there with hands on her hips. "Who's that and where've you been?!" Not turning down her voice at all. Is this why he didn't want us speaking? Did he not want to be found? "We're gonna do somethin' 'bout that later!" She does not seem to be happy one bit. She pulls Ezrayl up on his feet by his arm. "Sage! Get people to put out the fire and deal with...him!" At the last word she slightly but noticeably jerks her head towards me.

I clench my teeth. Around now is when I wish I could go invisible. Then three people enter whilst the women stands a bit off the doorway next to Ezrayl who stares at the ground. One pours water on the fire. The other two come closer to me. I got as far back to the wall I can. They grab both my arms.

I feel a small prick on the left side of my neck. All my muscles stiffen up but I still look at him. I plead for him to help me. He looks up for a moment. It's long enough for me to see the guilt on his face. That is when things start to get fuzzy. The last thing I see is Ezrayl mouth sorry...Why is he letting this happen? Wait, what is happening? Don't let this happen! Please, Ezrayl! Ez...