Justin-13

Thanks to mum they don't trust me. They didn't let me sleep one bit. Every time I was about to dose of they woke me back up let really? Can't a guy sleep. Now they're going to question me which I could care less about because I sort of want to SLEEP.

"Now we expect you to say the truth. If you don't I should expect severe consequence," Like getting thrown into a basement? I wonder luckily not out loud. "Do you understand Justin Deans?" It took me a while to realise I was supposed to say something.

"Oh... Yeah. Yeah sure." That is one of the only things I will physically be able to say with my pounding headache from the lack of sleep.

"What happened?" 

"When?" I say because I cannot THINK with no SLEEP. She sighed and realised she will have a problem with a teenager who has had NO SLEEP thanks to her colleagues.

"When you got home yesterday evening from school and how your brother ended up in the state he was in." I sat there thinking for a while which she didn't question because she thought I was just recalling. I wasn't, in fact, I was thinking of a viable story to tell.

"I dunno," I say has my eyes went heavier and I felt the darkness of sleep taking over me. I would have been fine with that happening but suddenly there was a burning sensation and my left arm which snapped me back into reality. "Ow!"

"Here have some caffeine. I didn't realise you needed to sleep that badly." Well, I didn't have a good sleep the previous night, and I had NONE thanks to some people.

I drink the coffee she gave me it was quite bitter, but I pretend it didn't affect me and that I usually have. I don't normally have it because I don't really like the taste and when I had a quarter of one once I got too hyper and energetic and my parents banned me from it since. I felt the effect of it straight away. I opened my eyes wide now I actually had the energy to and resisted the urge to jump up and down with energy.

"Now, back to business," Oh yeah. I realised I didn't see what the burning pain was and looked at my left arm. She didn't seem to realise. My arm... Well, suffered a bit is all I believe could've happened. "What happened when you got home yesterday evening from school and how did your brother end up in the state he was in." Back to this question again.

"I had nothing to do with that," I matter-of-factly because it is the truth. I just played along with Joseph's idea. If I get to save myself for my dad I will happily do that after what he did. I just didn't want to get anyone in trouble. 

"I never said it was. But it will remain your fault unless you tell us what actually happened." I thought for a bit and realised she just contradicted herself.

"You just said it wasn't my fault, but straight after said it is my fault." 

"Look, kid," She says leaning closer obviously fed up with my smart answer. "Don't look too deep into the stuff I say. Ok? You just answer my questions and we won't have a problem."

"Ok then. Well, it started because me and my brother are in the same class for History and my history teacher is my dad. I walk in to see Joseph is in my seat, so I sit in his. When he came in he didn't examine us to see if we were both in our own seats. Then we embarrassed him when he accidentally called us the wrong name. So, he made us take the bus instead of getting a lift by him." I just sit there thinking if she would ask anything, but she remained silent, so I decided to rake that as a hint to carry on. "You probably know how the bus doesn't go straight to your destination. Which meant my dad got home first. We were going upstairs but he called us down. He asked us who had the idea to swap seats and Joseph says something but didn't say it was his fault and that's what happened." I look at her like that's everything, but I have a feeling she wants me to answer more questions.

"Ok, that's good but how did your brother end up at the bottom of the basement?"

"Err..." I say as if I could've possibly forgotten. "My dad threw us in." I gulp hoping she doesn't question anything else.

"Is that all?" Yes, what else could there be?

How come only Joseph was badly affected?

"Well, the way he threw us made me land on top of him," I say hoping it would answer her thought and not seem suspicious one bit. Is she done with the questions? I sigh at the thought of there being more questions. I suddenly feel the sensation of having no more caffeine to keep me running. Making me crash.

"Thank you now you can have a day o-" her voice merges with the blurring of my vision. What she said to turned into gobbly goop.