This time I am-87

Joseph's Pov

Someone came in. They didn't say anything. They just looked at me. That's when I realized there was a fire. It had started behind him. It was near to both sides of the room. The air was becoming air infested. That's when I spotted there was a door behind him.

This was my chance. I might've not taken it last time, but this time I am.

I freeze time. The flames had stopped going any further to both sides of the room. The guy stood in the middle like a statue. I slowly stood up making sure everything else was frozen. I carefully went around the flames.

Whoever that guy is definitely has something to do with the fire. He is stood right next to it and he seemed to be in zero pain. Maybe he's like me. And Justin. And Fifi. And probably someone else who went to the same school as me. I wonder if schools opened up again. I wonder how many days I've been away...I wonder if Justin misses me. I wonder if mum and dad miss me. I mightn't have been on the best of terms with Justin but I still hope he misses me as I miss him. I hope he's okay. I also hope he hopes I'm okay and I'll be found soon.

I sigh. I have better things to use my energy thinking about in my frozen time. I slip out of the hole where I'm guessing he came in from and through where they most likely got me in through in the first place.

When I exited the bright, plain, white room I was hit with a no brighter and not a much darker corridor. I didn't really know where I should head. I could go left or right. To my right there were two guards, I'm guessing, against the wall. I decided to go right because I'm guessing that's where the guards came from.

I think about running but I don't want to miss anything by running, also I can't be bothered to. The corridor looked very clean with white walls and a white roof with lights appearing every meter. I could most likely touch both sides of the corridor if my arms were outstretched as far as possible. The roof was a dome. If I'd jumped I think I would skim the ceiling with my fingertips. I don't try. I don't have time. Well, I do, I've frozen time, but I don't have the energy. I reach a divide. There where three new paths but two were blocked by these two guys carrying one long box between them. I might've been able to fit in it if I didn't have feet.

I don't know how long I'll be able to carry on with the frozen time. I normally only hold it for less than 10 minutes. If Justin could freeze time he would do it all the time. Well, if he's still the same Justin I knew. How could I blend in with everyone else once I have to unfreeze time? I look at one of the people carrying the box. I went to the person at the back and swiftly swiped his cap from off his head. I put the cap on and went left to where those guys with the box were most likely heading.

By looks of things, I'm guessing there isn't a uniform. The clothes I'm currently wearing won't work for two reasons. One, they'll know what clothes I was wearing so it'll be easy for them to find me and two they're covered in blood and have ripped quite badly. If that doesn't ring some sort of alarm bells I don't really know how sane these people are or what would.

I feel my body get weaker. I start to run. I need to find one of three things. Either the way out, new clothes or a good room to hide in. Actually no matter what I think I need to find new clothes. Suddenly I feel the floor on my face. Almost immediately I realized I need to get up. I don't hear much noise but I hear enough to know that time has unfrozen. I won't be able to reactivate my power. Well, I might but not very easily since my mind is tired from the strain it was under. I probably look a mess. I pick up the cap, then I pull the cap which is now mine down my face. I don't dare to look back all I can hope is that no one saw me.

Without warning a red flashing light replaced the calm white lights above. The white ceiling and walls changed to the blood-red which the flashes of light were. I try to act like the light didn't just changed. I'm guessing it is because they realized I had gone, which is fair enough. I'm guessing for them I just disappeared. I've never known what it looks like for someone else. I try testing with Justin but he doesn't have the patience for that even though it might just be for a millisecond.

Not entirely sure when, but I noticed my steps became more frequent and longer. I slowed my pace to look I was in a hurry but not a mad hurry. There was someone in front of me. I looked to the ground and tried to make sure I didn't make eye contact with this person. As soon as I felt a hand on my shoulder I tensed up. I looked at this woman who had put her hand on my shoulder. She smiled and giggled to herself then took some sort of card out of her pocket. Still, hand on my shoulder she turned me round to where I'd just come from. She pushed me forwards angling me to the wall opposite to where I was walking.

I didn't want to defy her because she didn't seem to be trying to attack me. Not yet at least.