Crys!-72

Taliah's Pov
Everything going on is crazy. I lie on my bed so my head is hanging off. I haven't heard anything from Justin or Sarah. I hope they're ok. There's probably a good reason for them not texting back or trying to contact me. They're probably just super busy or their parents might've taken them on holiday and/or taken their phones off them. Yeah, that's...that's probably why.
"Sissy?" I hear Crys call from the doorway.
"What's wrong Crys?" I hear a moaning sound. Pull myself back fully on the bed. I see dried tears on her face but I also see fresh tears ready to fall from her eyes. "Crys..." I say in the most soothing way I could. I pick her up onto my bed and hug her tight as tears fall from her eyes.
"Where's daddy?"
"You know dad left," I whispered in her ear wishing I could lie about that but she already knew the truth. After our parents told us they were going to get a divorce our dad moved back in with his parents and we were stuck with our mother. I would've preferred it to be the other way round. I much more prefer Dad over Mum. She always broke first. I guess it was nice she tried to keep cool, but that was only when dad was around. Back when they might've cared about each other.

Soothingly I say "You're my little Crystal if you ever need to talk about something my ears will always be open." I hold Crys humming in her ear whilst stroking her head.
"Is there any reason you want dad?" I whisper right next to her ear. She shakes her little head in my arms. I bring my arm and put it in her short-sleeved top to stroke her arm, as soon as I did that she recoiled away from me nearly falling off the bed. "Crys, what's wrong?" I say in a soft tone. Why is she acting so nervous all of a sudden?

I grab her up. She squirms in my arms.
"Taliah, let me go!" She complains trying to push out my arms.
"Not until you tell me what's wrong," I say firmly, but as gentle as I could. I put her down on my bed and turn round to close the door. When turning back where Crys is I come back to a sulking Crys.
"Crys?" She doesn't respond. I pull up the sleeve to the arm I tried to put my hand on. I see a single plaster. Why would she be so nervous for me to see that? I look at her to try and find an answer. Instead of an answer, all I got was a nervous vibe from her staring at the ground and refusing to look at me. I get back into my bed so I'm behind Crys and try to lift her top up. As soon as I put my fingertips in her shirt she immediately pulled it down. "Crys!" I say a bit more sternly.

Eventually, she lets me lift up her top for me to see her back covered in cuts and dried blood.
"How long ago?" She doesn't answer. "Crys? I need to know." I whisper moving her head towards me.
"An hour ago..." How didn't I hear that? She must've changed tops. "Don't tell mum I told you." She says whilst she starts to let tears fall down like a flood.
"Of course I won't. Don't worry about that." I trace all the cuts on her back with my hand. "Crys, come let's go and get you tidied up!" She nods sucking on her finger.