Hello-83

Sarah's Pov

I close the door after Justin's mum walked me home. She seems to have problems. I live next door to where she parked and she wouldn't even let me walk home alone. She had to walk with me all the way to the door and watch me open it. When she was sure I was capable of opening a door, which she probably could've seen from her door, she left.

I went up all 23 steps. When I got to my room I was going to check what homework I needed to do but I heard my phone vibrate lonesomely. When it vibrated it reminded me that now people actually care about me. The phone vibrating made me remember I didn't have to do my homework. My parents probably won't talk to me, so they wouldn't tell me what school I'm supposed to be going to.

I picked my phone up from my shelf. I'd forgotten about Taliah. There were many texts from her. What time is it? I hit the call button. She must've wondered what happened because neither Justin nor I had responded to her.

"Hi!"  I heard two voices say in sync.

"Will you help me beat Tal?" A small, innocent voice said

"Ignore Crys. I want to win!" It was a voice I recognised more but with a bit more confidence I had ever heard in it.

I'm glad to hear she's having fun. Who I'm guessing is Chris sounds super sweet.

"What game are you playing?" Should I call her back when Chris isn't there?

"This random game we found on the App Store." Of course.

"Oh right okay. Everything okay?"

"Yeah." It sounded like there was some doubt in her voice.

"Oh okay bye!" I hope she calls me back but if she doesn't I'll call her back later.

"Bye!" I heard them both say. One voice is a bit more enthusiastic than the other.

I don't want to go to whatever school they planned to send me to. I'll just have to put up with Justin. The busses and trying to find out what school I'm actually going to would be too complicated.

I went back down the stairs and out the door. Knocking on the door I wondered whether I would regret doing this. I realized standing there I could be a bad girl and not go to anything which could count as school. Well, if I did that what would I do with my life? I let school rule my life too much not doing anything would leave me lying on the floor accomplishing nothing.

"Oh, hello!" The person who answered the door I've seen before. He was my history teacher in the first year of high school.

"Where's," I start trying to brush my pause off as nothing but I realized I didn't actually know Justin's mum's name.

She hears my voice and comes over saying: "Hello sweetie!" What did I plan to say?