Her Room-79

Brandon's Pov

"Hey, mum," I say as I open the car door.

"Don't bring all the rain in with you!" She says snappily. Guess she hasn't really changed. Maybe that's why dad left her. My mum starts to drive. "Who're you seeing?" I forgot I said I would speak to her in the car.

"You know the girl I'm helping for the year in school?"

"The quiet one?"

"Yes." It's not that she's quiet it's that she doesn't speak. At all. She carries on little chit chat and I try to respond like I actually cared because that's how I got her to give me a lift and I don't want to seem rude to my own mother.

After not really saying anything useful at all we arrived on Fifi's street, Marine Drive.
"You know what her house looks like?"
"No. The principal today called that I should ask her parents something."
"What?" She demands to know. I haven't told you anything why would I tell you this? I should really have told her that Drury Wynd High closed.
"She wants to move school and he wants me to ask them if they want me to come along."
"Oh right...okay." I can tell she's thinking sceptically. "What house number?"
"Five."

My mum pulls up to a house. I open the door and wave at my mum. I don't wait to see her face because she's presumably glaring at me.

Walking up the door I knock three times. That's when I realized no lights were on and the door was cracked open. That's probably from when I knocked on the door.

I carefully open the door and see that everything seemed to be intact. All except the phone. They have one of the old dial phones. The phone handle wasn't in the receiver. In fact where was the phone handle or whatever it's called.

I have a bad feeling.

I don't call out I just slip into the house and remain silent. Nothing. I feel like I should leave but curiosity drives me. It brings me upstairs right down a corridor and first left. I walk forwards into a room. It's a bedroom. The floor is bare, no rubbish and clothes. There's just a pair of shoes, a bed with the duvet half on it, a floor mirror, a desk and many cupboards and wardrobes. Well at least more than me.

I lift the duvet up so it's completely on the bed. I see one thing under it. It's a box. I shouldn't be looking through things. Despite that, I pull the box from under the bed. It looks forgotten. Dust covered the box in every mm. I open it and see a book with no less dust. 'Fifi' I guess this is her room. Well, at least this book is hers. Most likely a diary. Looking around her room I understand why she has such a monotone outlook on life. Well, that's what I've gathered from being with her.

I couldn't bring myself to open the diary. I've already overstayed my welcome noseying around the house. But I also couldn't bring myself to leave the book and box here. Well, mainly the book. I put it underneath my jumper at the back securing it there with the waistline of my pants.

I put the lid back on the box and push it back under the bed.

I left the room and went back to the corridor towards the stairs  I came up. I stopped when the stairs were to my left and a closed door in front of me. I turned the handle and gently pushed it open. Immediately once a crack appeared from where the door was no longer stationary in the doorway. A smell. A smell escaped it was a different smell to the other rooms I've been in. I couldn't describe it in words nor could I say if the smell was nice or not.

So I open it more.

Once I opened the door enough to see in...

I saw a duvet.

The duvet was...dry and stiff after seemingly been soaked in a bucket of blood. The bed was not much better. The carpet as well. I saw one...two bodies. The were scar covered. Well...also headless. And with a few other limbs missing. I quickly realized I should probably leave.

Whoever did this might still be here. I quickly run down the stairs. Where's Fifi? She wasn't in her room. The thought just crossed my mind. Hopefully, she was staying at a friends house. Sam. Is she that close to her? Fifi doesn't have any other friends.

I knew I couldn't dwell on that. I exited the house to find my mum out of the car with the sun brighter than usual for October. She took one look at me and sighed.

"What do you want?"

"There dead." She looked at me weirdly. She raised one of her eyebrows.