Is she dead?-36

Joseph's Pov
When I hear the bell I get prepared to dash out the classroom. We had the most boring English lesson ever

"Class, you are dismissed, but YOU Joseph." The teacher says glaring daggers at. Come on I need to be somewhere.

Tut tut looks like SOMEONE is in trouble!

Shut up Justin

If you say so

I watch Justin and everyone else leave the classroom. That's the thing anyone else could've been ten minutes late not just two and she wouldn't complain at all but as soon as it is me, everything changes. I don't know what Justin is up to but he is definitely up to something. The first friendly conversation and second now that I recall, where both inside of my head thanks to his telepathy.

"Justin I will keep this short. In future come to lessons ON TIME!" says calmly until the last few words she had to say.

"Yes, of course, Miss," I say not wanting to make her angrier. "I'm sorry."

"Good," She mutters under her breath. "Now leave." She has a serious problem with me. I sigh at the time she wasted and rush to the swimming pool. I entered the building that the swimming pool was in and straight away I see both the swimming teacher that hosts the lunchtime swimming club talking to Brandon. It doesn't cross my mind to eavesdrop since I didn't want to keep Fifi waiting anymore. Seeing Brandon made me believe she would already be in the pool. The only contact I make with them is a quick smile which the teacher is the only one to respond.

I don't know why but he hates me till death and back. I learnt that when I crossed paths with Fifi at break whilst waiting for Justin. When I enter the hallway connecting both the changing rooms and swimming pool I get hit with a strong smell of chlorine. I rush into the changing room to get changed as quick as possible. 

When I had finished changing I walked out the changing room and left all my stuff but my towel. I scanned the pool and couldn't see Fifi at the surface. I thought she had just gone underwater nothing that odd. I noticed Brandon and the swimming teacher was still outside. The swimming teacher only had her foot in the room to keep the door from closing. I looked to see where Fifi exactly was underwater. 

My heart sank to the deepest part of my body. She was lying at the bottom motionless. Out of instinct, I froze time. I took some deep breaths knowing this won't count to the end of her life. I place my towel at the side next to where Fifi's towel was. I brought her towel to the edge of the pool and jumped. I took a deep breath and started swimming downwards. Of course, she had to be in the deep end. I felt the water change shape as my body jumped into it. My ears started to ring as I got closer to the bottom like it normally does under this immense pressure. I opened my eyes ignoring the want to close them to avoid getting chlorine in them. I opened them knowing as soon as I touch Fifi she will start drowning again. I feel the loss of air in my own breathing. I need to go up for air soon but I can't leave Fifi frozen in time or not. I still feel bad for her. I avoid touching her and place my legs on the ground in a squat position. I quickly grab ahold of her a push up on the bottom I didn't go as high as I wanted to. Her body brought the speed down. The first thing I do when I reach the top of the surface was to take a deep breath. Then I managed to put her on the side of the pool and I got out.  

Then she just sat up. How? 

"Are you ok?" I ask concerned.

She looks around and goes to where I put her towel that I was going to give her but forgot. I notice she had a pad and a pencil in there. Oh...yeah I forgot she doesn't talk.

She quickly writes down: Why wouldn't I be? Like what happened? When I read what she wrote it surprised me. Does she not realise what happened or that she was breathing underwater.

"You...you were at the bottom of the pool," I say whilst repeatedly looking to and from the pool and her. "you were definitely breathing in the water." I started to question my own vision and sanity. Maybe I just made that up?

She then writes tow letters down on her pad trying to avoid getting it wet. She wrote: oh. She tightens her towel over her swimsuit to prevent her from getting cold. Fifi then gazes off at something in the distance. She then points at the clock.

"What about the clock." At my question, she sighs.

It isn't working she writes. Oh oh! Oh no. I should have unfrozen time. I quickly tried to think of a good reason.

 "Maybe..." I start realising my excuse wasn't good and tried to think of another one. "they turned it off."

She looks at me like I agree to kill every single person on this planet. They never turn it off. She underlines key words showing she is suspicious of something but not sure what.